Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same drummer problem....need a solution.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did the older drummer leave in the first place?

Comment

He left to go on the road with an "up and coming" Nashville singer. The "tour" flopped and he came home, and then went back out with her, at which time we replaced him because we had a festival gig coming up. We should have just cancelled the gig.
      Last edited by New Trail; 08-01-2014, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Welcome to my world
        "Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

Comment

Honestly, I am hearing a different element in this that is just hard to overlook.
          Being in Nashville, I get to play or hear many hit songs before they get recorded by the artist that will eventually "wear" the song as a hit.
          Often times, I did the original version WAY more than the Artist version that you will eventually know.

I think the key element here is the original chemistry ... NOT the playing styles or differences.

And there are really two ways you could look at this:
          1) Replacing a drummer can be like replacing a great girlfriend. The next one NEVER is like the first one.

2) You can acknowledge that this is a chemistry thing ... and either work it out, or forget it and drive on ... embracing the new guy knowing he can't fill the shoes of the original guy (simply due to your expectations).

Just my thoughts ...
          D
          Keeping the Harmony at Harmony Central

Comment

We recently fired a drummer that didn't go too well. He was an overreactive individual to begin with so I knew it was going to be bad. He threw a fit, said that we betrayed him, and we were "dead to him". Even though it was awful and sometimes I feel bad because I feel like the band was all he had going for him... you get over it fairly quickly when you have great, productive practices that sound better. I hope your friend is a little more mature.

Comment

That’s just it. You never know how people will react and that goes for having to fire any kind of musician.
              "Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

Comment

No matter how politely you get told "you suck" it's gonna hurt LOL.

Comment

Ain't that the truth.

Comment

Firing a drummer doesn't always have to be about them being bad drummers. Ours, for instance, just had a style of playing that did not suit our needs.

Comment

"You suck at our style of playing" hurts too

Comment

Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something, or Drag and Drop Images Here...

Comment

Working...
                        X