Oh really I didn't know he was bald?

Brian May

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lord Keef is thinning a little in front -- hence the bandanas. He lets his remaining hair revert to its natural grey when off the road, and on tour he dyes it either 'barmaid black' or that fluorescently unconvincing shade of bilious chestnut beloved of Tony Blair and Paul McCartney.

Jeff Beck's hair is his own, but its colour isn't. Ditto Woody. Full marks to Mr Page for letting his hair go back to its natural silver, but he should at least have washed it before the Beijing Olympics gig. Enough grease in that to fry burgers ...

• Members

In the late 70s or early 80s a British guy with close cropped hair was in a music store while I was there. I could tell by all of the staff attention he got that he was somebody famous. After he left I asked and was told it was Brian May. He didn't seem particularly bald at the time. I imagine he had short hair so he wouldn't be recognized while off-duty.

• Members

Baldness is a good. Bald musicians are often supremely good.

I didn't used to think so, but the appeal of the idea is gradually creeping up on me (inch by inch), year by year. In fact, I am gradually feeling that among the most handsome men are bald men.

As my Romanian father in law puts it:

'He's got the hair left for one more shower'.

• Members

Baldness is a good. Bald musicians are often supremely good.

I didn't used to think so, but the appeal of the idea is gradually creeping up on me (inch by inch), year by year. In fact, I am gradually feeling that among the most handsome men are bald men.

As my Romanian father in law puts it:

'He's got the hair left for one more shower'.

I always found men with long hair more attractive.

Go figure...

• Members

As a side benefit, women appear to love it, which is far from what I had expected.
:idk:

Bald since late 20s, 40 years experience says they don't just appear to love it....they really do.

They come over in bars in Alaska and ask if they can touch it, they send affectionate cards referring to solar panels and sex machines, they apply themselves diligently to it in all manner of ways - I have been rendered deaf dumb and blind from enthusiastic attention of a full-frontal nature on many occasions.

I will never understand combovers, plugs, grafts, rugs, extensions, sprays, or any of those blatent cosmetic devices.

But then I am not a rockstar.

• Members

Bald since late 20s, 40 years experience says they don't just appear to love it....they really do.

They come over in bars in Alaska and ask if they can touch it, they send affectionate cards referring to solar panels and sex machines, they apply themselves diligently to it in all manner of ways - I have been rendered deaf dumb and blind from enthusiastic attention of a full-frontal nature on many occasions.

I will never understand combovers, plugs, grafts, rugs, extensions, sprays, or any of those blatent cosmetic devices.

But then I am not a rockstar.

You must have a well polished helmet. :eek:

• Members

yeah.I'm not sure about Beck either,if it's a wig he has a few ,I've seen some different lengths.

it's at least a dye job for sure

I met Jeff in 2003 and had a chat with him. From what i could see the hair is his, but the colour, well, that's a different story.

Archived