Oh really I didn't know he was bald?

Brian May

• Members

Name the famous guitarists that are hiding their baldy heads!!

I'll start with 3 - Michael Angelo Battio, Ritchie Blackmore and Jeff Beck. Who else we got?

Re Joe Satch - one of my fave guitarists - he's been out of the bald closet for a long time now....but I dont recall any signs of hair loss on the great man! I got into him back in '92 after seeing him at the Guitar Legends concert in Seville, then got Surfing With The Alien and Flying In A Blue Dream and even on the FIABD cover there he is with a 'proper' rock haircut...then all of a sudden a year or so later he's cut the lot...and I read in an interview somewhere that he struggled with hairloss for some years then suddenly decided to shave the lot off! Well, he hid that well cos I never knew...one day hes got all his hair and some to spare...then the next bald as a coot! :lol:How did he hide it for so long? Toupee'?? Wig?? Sprays??? :confused:

:lol:

It dont matter a jot anyway all these guitarists hair makes zero difference to whether we like em or not.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Although he denies it, I've always suspected that Brett Michaels is at least partially bald on top. Every time I see him on TV with his bandana under the cowboy hat, I can't help thinking that without the hat and bandana he would look like Hulk Hogan - not entirely bald, but severely limited on top.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

• Members

The Edge for years did the long hair round the sides / cowboy had hiding the bald spot routine.... I think nowadays he admits to it, but he still wears the little woolly tea cosy most of the time anyhow.

Personally, I'm not much of a fan of the longhair look to begin with, but it;s especially naff when middle-aged men attempt to rock the skullet look to convince themselves they're still "rawk and rawl"....

• Members

Jeff Beck bald?

I saw a picture of Billy Corgan with stubble, and (not big news) he went egghead to hide his male pattern baldness. The thing is, he doesn't look bad with the receeding stubble line.

I say, it's {censored}itall rock and roll to go bald and not hide it.

• Members

I think thats always easy to say when ya got all your hair...i guess as its a gradual thing when they first notice it they get all conscious about it...and maybe get a complex...i dunno. Surely losing your hair cant be fun!! But that said, I do think its more embarrassing when you try n cover it up but end up looking sillier for trying...ala Michael Angelo - i saw him a few years back at some trade show and up close it was like "are you really thinking that dead animal on your head fools anyone??" I really thought he'd be able to afford something better than that!!

• Members

Ever know a guy for years and always see him with a hat on his head and then one fateful day you see him without his hat and you {censored} yourself and try not to let him see your surprise??!!

It's happened to me twice in life with guys close to me and both times I was

a) astounded that they were able to hide it so well, and

b) wondered why I never thought to myself "Why the F**K is he always wearing a hat??"

It's a shocking discovery when it is dude close to you!

• Members

Although he denies it, I've always suspected that Brett Michaels is at least partially bald on top. Every time I see him on TV with his bandana under the cowboy hat, I can't help thinking that without the hat and bandana he would look like Hulk Hogan - not entirely bald, but severely limited on top.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I remember reading that he admits to getting plugs

• Members

I bet a lot of country musicians are balding under their Stetsons. Garth Brooks is the first to come to mind.

As for rock, how about Michael Stipe? He played guitar on I Don't Sleep I Dream during the Monster tour, so he counts.

Right?

Archived