Mac Users: Anyone excited about Snow Leopard?

amplayer

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cool. Soon enough, Mac enthusiasts will say:

"Hey, do you think Pro Tools LE 9.6.2 will be compatible with Velociraptor?"

"I'm really finding the Gorgosaurus to be much more streamlined and intuitive than the Allosaurus."

"I think they got all the compatibility issues resolved with the new version of Brachiosaurus."

:thu: :phil: :cool::love::wave:

Best,

Geoff

• Members

BTW, this seems as good of a time and place as any to mention that "Geoff" is pronounced like "Jeff." ;)

(Actually, it's the other way around, since "Geoff" came first and "Jeff" is the newer, Americanized spelling; so "Jeff" is pronounced like "Geoff," just as "color" is pronounced like "colour.")

Best,

Geoff

• Members
BTW, this seems as good of a time and place as any to mention that "Geoff" is pronounced like "Jeff."
;)

(Actually, it's the other way around, since "Geoff" came first and "Jeff" is the newer, Americanized spelling; so "Jeff" is pronounced like "Geoff," just as "color" is pronounced like "colour.")

I had a friend a long time ago who was a Beatles fanatic. And he always used to pronounce "Geoff Emerick" as "GHEE-off Emerick". So one time, when others weren't around, I politely corrected him, saying, "Actually, it's pronounced 'Jeff'". He said, "No, it isn't." Fair enough...I'd fulfilled my karmic duty, and he was destined to continue with "GHEE-off."

• Members

I WAS excited about it. Mainly because I hope the Server version will be decent. But now I'm not so sure about the Server version. I just see 10.6 as a dump of PPC and optimization for Intel.

I gave my Intel Mac Mini to my mom (she use to run Ubuntu on a 1Ghz) and my Macbook was stolen. I've always been a Unix guy, but doubt I'll go back to Mac OS X. I'll probably go back to using Wincrap and Unix/Linux at my future work and learning MatLab on Linux in my spare time.

NOW I'm looking forward to trying Googles Chrome OS on cheap hardware and waiting for someone to come out with a low cost outdoor viewable LCD. The only local/native app, besides MatLab, I've used in years is a web browser.

• Members
BTW, this seems as good of a time and place as any to mention that "Geoff" is pronounced like "Jeff."
;)

yeah, like "gaol" is pronounced "jail" -- those crazy Brits!

• Members

I had a friend a long time ago who was a Beatles fanatic. And he always used to pronounce "Geoff Emerick" as "GHEE-off Emerick". So one time, when others weren't around, I politely corrected him, saying, "Actually, it's pronounced 'Jeff'". He said, "No, it isn't." Fair enough...I'd fulfilled my karmic duty, and he was destined to continue with "GHEE-off."

"Gee-off" I get. In fact, that was a nickname of mine in 7th grade, but "Ghee-off?"

Did he pronounce "George" like "gorge?" :freak:

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Geez I hope I don't make an idiot out of myself again but I think I remember what it was now that bothered me about the 10.5 and 10.4 right mouse click. The right mouse in 10.5 allows for arranging icons but it doesn't in 10.4.

I'm out on the limb 'cause I'm on my Toshiba Satellite at the moment, I'll check that out in a while.

• Members

I am never excited about an OS update until a year after its been out...

This. And even then some....

I'm a Mac head, but I have de-Pavlov'd myself from Apple. When I get my systems tuned and working, they stay that way until there's compelling reason to move. Generally, most of the OS updates from Apple involve doing {censored} that I never use my computer for, so.... meh.

Archived