Mac Users: Anyone excited about Snow Leopard?

amplayer

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I always wait for the green light from Digidesign before making any OS upgrades. I also check their compatibility documents to make sure I have the appropriate versions of my plug-ins.

Even then, I won't rush to upgrade -- I'll do it on my timetable when it's convenient.

That's not to say I'm not looking forward to the upgrade. I am. It's just that I'd like to...

Accentuate the positive

Eliminate the negative

Latch on to the affirmative

And don't mess with Mister In-Between.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

I'd be a lot more excited about it if my pre-ordered copy would ARRIVE....Sheesh...

And we are pecking at each others re: the NAMES of the OS now?

OSX Rhymes with SEX

Windows Rhymes with 'It Blows', though I supposed 'Blow Leopard' is an option for the other side of the fence.

Don't get me started on Eunuchs...Or Linuchs ( lines of Eunuchs)...

• Members

So.......anyone know........can I install the OS10.6 disc on a MBP running OS10.4.11 without it overwriting all the currently installed apps?

It should overwrite the applications it ships with -- Safari, iTunes, QuickTime, etc. -- and none of the other apps.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Well I decided to see if I could go back to Ubuntu on a 2006 model HP laptop. Couldn't do it... I doubt Googles Chrome OS will work well for me either.

The new uni-body Mac laptops are just designed so well. I might give Snow Leopard Server a shot too. Looking forward to see what they offer in the next-gen consumer models.

• Members

I'm still waiting for Line 6 to give the go ahead on the KB37 hardware before I install the SL on my newer MBP.

The Hercules firewire interface I use is out of production so I don't know how that's gonna shake out yet.

Fortunately I've got the older MBP to do my experimenting with.

Archived