Gibson Rated Worst Place to Work

Kellanium

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I said this in the last thread about glass door gibson has the most reviews of any musical company on that site, it has more than Citibank. In a few random searches, deloitte and touche is the only place I have seen on there with more reviews than gibson, I can't help be feel there's something fishy about that place.

• Members

Why do you think companies are outsourcing? Nobody in the US wants to work on a {censored}ing assembly line.

Well if you read the comments on Glassdoor, that really has nothing to do with why Gibson employees are unhappy, though I suppose yours is a fair point as a general remark.

Regarding the quantity of reviews on the site, I imagine the URL got circulated throughout the office or somesuch. And there is the odd positive review in there, though, incidentally, those are the ones that read the most suspiciously.

• Members

a place with completely anonymous "reviews" that requires no proof of employment whatsoever ... and is a subject many like to link/point to ... is fishy?

no way ... it's on the internet, it MUST be true.

despite the fact that most americans are spoiled, uneducated morons. awesome, isn't it?

Interesting point? My town has one of the highest levels of education per capita in the country and a whopping 12% unemployment:facepalm:

• Members

Interesting point? My town has one of the highest levels of education per capita in the country and a whopping 12% unemployment:facepalm:

Haha, truth. College grads are particularly hard hit as are phd's. Truth is, this country has very little employment options for people who don't have vocational degrees (otherwise known as "professional degrees"). That more than anything discourages a healthy value of education.

• Members

Why do you think companies are outsourcing? Nobody in the US wants to work on a {censored}ing assembly line.

The outsourcing started a long time ago with GREED as the ONLY motive. There are millions of displaced US workers who will work on a {censored}ing assembly line in a heartbeat to put food on the table just like they did since the start of the industrial revolution.

• Members

Management must be a real bunch of losers for a guitar company to be one of the worst places to work.

I hear working at Carvin is a pretty awesome job. Of course, SD is a pretty nice place to live too: nice weather, beach, Mexico, not super expensive for CA, etc.

Archived