OT for tattoo'd peeps ...

rvschulz

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've had around 15 sittings. Mainly a sitting has equalled a finished tattoo (I tend to have had a lot of smaller things rather than gone for a sleeve, but i'm toying with the idea of "connecting the dots" and just making sleeves of them if I find an idea I like enough), and an average sitting for me is around 2 to 3 hours. For that, it's normally around a couple of hundred quid, depending on colours, detailing etc.

I have had a couple of small tats done, which cost as little as

• Members

ps - for god's sake, everyone, stop saying "tat." it's almost as bad as "tattoo gun."

have some respect for the art.

Pardon my colloquialism, I tend to type as I speak. I "respect" the art, but I don't get a tattoo for the art of it, so... ;)

• Members

My daughter is a recent fine art graduate and having a tough time finding work, or anything that will pay the bills in the art world. At those prices and with the popularity of body art maybe she should look to transferring her skills into a new field.

• Members

My daughter is a recent fine art graduate and having a tough time finding work, or anything that will pay the bills in the art world. At those prices and with the popularity of body art maybe she should look to transferring her skills into a new field.

Nooooooooo.. I know several tattoo artists, its hard life man. It's not Kat Von D and all that.

And really, even though you all don't think there is, there is still a stigma in society and in your overall earning potential. Not everybody, but in general with fully visible tattoos. And women, just don't do it. Guys its one thing, but women covered in tattoos are going to look horrible once they hit 45 or 50.

• Members

I don't have any tattoos. If any of my 3 kids plan on getting one, they better count on marrying someone rich. There's a clause in my will that states that after I die, all three of them have to have an examination by two independent dermatologists who have to certify them tattoo free. Any heirs determined to have a tattoo(s) will be written out of the will and the money gets split by those who don't. If all 3 have tattoos, the money is placed into a trust for their children if they ever have any, to which the same rules apply.

It's an amount in the low 7 figures so a bit of a motivator.

• Members

ps - for god's sake, everyone, stop saying "tat." it's almost as bad as "tattoo gun."

have some respect for the art.

Poop, I was gonna say that.

I have one tattoo, its a pic from the cover of "more scary stories to tell in the dark" by, well, complied by alvin schwartz, the art is by stephen gammell. They're kids books some of you might remember.

Anyway

It probably would've cost about 400 as it's my whole upper arm, but the bassist in my band is a professional artist who works in a shop, so she was free. Tits.

But yeah, they all hate when somone says "tat." They prefer "tattoo" and "ink" is acceptable I believe.

• Members

I don't have any tattoos. If any of my 3 kids plan on getting one, they better count on marrying someone rich. There's a clause in my will that states that after I die, all three of them have to have an examination by two independent dermatologists who have to certify them tattoo free. Any heirs determined to have a tattoo(s) will be written out of the will and the money gets split by those who don't. If all 3 have tattoos, the money is placed into a trust for their children if they ever have any, to which the same rules apply.

It's an amount in the low 7 figures so a bit of a motivator.

Jesus...

That's either hilarious, or you've seen "brewster's millions" WWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many times.

• Members

I've spent about 30 hours and around $3k on my back piece over the last four years. I go in 4-hour chunks. I could sit for longer, but that's usually what I can afford. The work is full color so it proceeds very slowly. I'd love to book a few full days some time and get the thing finally hammered out, but part of me is also enjoying that it's a long, slowly evolving process.

• Members

Just out of curiousity, what do you people plan on doing when you're old and wrinkly and realize the stupid metal tattoo you got is {censored}ing stupid

Look back and thank God I lived life to the full which is why at the age of 42 I ride a mega fast motorbike, play rock guitar and am still having tattoos done.

FTW in my area the rate is

• Members

Just out of curiousity, what do you people plan on doing when you're old and wrinkly and realize the stupid metal tattoo you got is {censored}ing stupid

If I make til then, kick back and realize what a wild ride it's been.:thu: I worry more about today not tomorrow.

• Members

Plan to do about what? I don't follow why I'd be less comfortable with who I am at 80 than I am today...that's just a fairly absurd concept IMHO. Course, I don't have any stupid metal tattoos in the first place so take it for what it's worth.