Gonna change strings on a lot of guitars this week

guitarman

• Members

I havn't changed strings on any of my 35+ guitars in a while. I have 10 guitars that I play regularly and they'll all be re-strung and set up by me by the end of this week.:thu:

I'm also changing strings on a concert and a soprano ukelele for the first time.

Anyone want to lend a hand?;)

• Members

I would probably have to work that out to one string change and setup per day for the next 3-4 days. The other {censored}ing 31-32 guitars could set right where they are and like it. Its not like they get played enough to warrant the waste of time and money it would take to get them back tip top.

• Members

Big chore but i can be fun. Put on some tunes and get ready to polish all the frets and hardware while you are at it. You may end up playing and falling back in love with one of the backline. Always a good thing.
:thu:

I did just that. I put on some tunes and I really enjoyed myself. I have a workshop in the basement and that really makes a big difference. Working on a guitar in a well lit, comfortable workshop with all the tools you need beats using a kitchen table or worse yet, a bedroom floor to change strings.

I finished three in about an hour. I'll recheck their necks in the morning and do a few more tomorrow.

• Members

The perils of owning so many guitars. I'm there with ya... It got to a point when a guitar needed a setup it got put aside. Broken input Jack? Put aside. And they piled up to the point of embarassment when a buddy came over, saw the collection, but then couldn't play half of them bc they had issues. At which point i played catchup. Still with 35, you gotta basically do a string change and setup once a week, every week. The good news is, you probably won't need a fret job for a long while!

• Members

The perils of owning so many guitars. I'm there with ya... It got to a point when a guitar needed a setup it got put aside. Broken input Jack? Put aside. And they piled up to the point of embarassment when a buddy came over, saw the collection, but then couldn't play half of them bc they had issues. At which point i played catchup. Still with 35, you gotta basically do a string change and setup once a week, every week. The good news is, you probably won't need a fret job for a long while!

I've got a couple of guitars that have some issues and you're right, I do pick up another guitar 'coz I don't have the time or skills to address the problem and it's a shame 'coz I have a Fender aerodyne tele that's not being played due to a bad input jack. I have the time this week and I'll get it playable by the end of the week.

With work, house duties, being a taxi for an active 14 yr old, I don't have much time to devote to my hobbies so I take a week off once a year, apart from my wife and kid just to do the things that I enjoy. I give them my other 4 weeks of vacation.:thu:

I can't imagine what people with 50+ guitars have to go through.

Archived