Why the CC DeVille hate?

ak47dragunov

• Members

It is weird though. Back when Poison was big I never once saw or heard about anybody other then girls liking them. If there was a guy that admitted to liking them, you could usually catch him at a party making out with other guys. Now all these years later everythings out of the closet and they seem to have a proud following. Who Knew?

I don't ever remember being gay or ashamed of being a Poison fan. Saw em in '88 and '91.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is weird though. Back when Poison was big I never once saw or heard about anybody other then girls liking them. If there was a guy that admitted to liking them, you could usually catch him at a party making out with other guys. Now all these years later everythings out of the closet and they seem to have a proud following. Who Knew?

:poke:

:lol:

LOL to funny and true

• Members

portland civic center in the late '80s - i hit him in the head with a lightstick during his solo - and he almost came into the crowd to tune me up. he stopped playing and looked like he was gonna come at me like a raped ape.

good times.

• Members

Those who dislike CC and Poison were never going to like them no matter what happened. This is a dumb argument. Teasing your hair and wearing spandex automatically makes you suck...we get it. When everyone stops basing music on what people look like, we can start having some rock n roll again instead of a bunch of pretty blonde pop queens that can't even lip sync well.

I think Poison fits into this description --> "pretty blond pop queens that can't even lip sync well". I loved Poison as a kid, I saw them in the late 80s, CC Deville was my favorite guitarist, but looking back now their music does not hold up well at all. I think calling it "rock n roll" is a disservice to rock n roll. It was pop, pop with hard rock guitars, that's all it was.

As far as CC Deville is concerned, he's definitely not a Steve Vai or Gilbert or any of the other technical powerhouses that came out of the 80s but I wouldn't say he's a bad guitarist. I can think of many guitarists that don't have the proficiency he had, but he can't hold a candle to so many guitarists that came out of the 80s and I think that's what he's compared to.

• Members

CC is a nice guy and a very capable player.

Anyone who takes Poison seriously needs to get their heads examined. They certainly never took themselves that seriously. They filled stadiums, made a lot of money, and pulled copius amounts of ass. We should all dream of sucking that badly.

And yes, I know popularity does not equal talent. I can at least acknowledge that it takes SOMETHING to reach that level of success and admire that certain SOMETHING even if the music does not suit my personal tastes.

• Members

His tone sucks. He bends out of tune. His solos are unimaginative.

That whole band sucks. The bass player is the only one who doesn't play anything wrong, but that's because he's just playing root 8th notes.

Get real man, {censored}, the bends are supposed to be pulled out of tune there, that's the {censored}ing point. Ricki Rocket is one of the most entertaining drummers there are behind only Tommy Lee IMO. The bass player keeps the groove and as long as it goes with the song that

• Members
Get real man, {censored}, the bends are supposed to be pulled out of tune there, that's the {censored}ing point. Ricki Rocket is one of the most entertaining drummers there are behind only Tommy Lee IMO. The bass player keeps the groove and as long as it goes with the song that

• Members

• Members

Because during Poison's heyday there was an interview with CC in Guitar for the Practicing Musician and he came across like a whiny little bitch acting like he was one of the world's greatest guitarists and the reason Poison didn't get all the accolades they deserved was because of the glam and it wasn't THEIR fault - they HAD to glam or they wouldn't have gotten signed and nobody understood what it was like and how great of a guitarist he really was.

• Members

they were a pop band with a little more gain, so it's easy to hate on.

doesn't mean the man can't play.

although he's never impressed me as being too bright. TTM endorsee? puh-lease.

lets not forget that Mark Kendall is the TTM endorsee... and if you think he sucks, you're nuckin' futts...

• Members

Yes, I say that having a No. 1 does not equal quality.

Have you seen the number of No. 1 singles by performers like N'Sync, Mariah Carey, Boys II Men, etc. etc.?

sorry grantus, but the three bands you named above are some of the best vocal talent on the planet...

• Members

Wow...did CC not sign an autograph for some of you back in the day, or what? Man, I always find it humorous to see people get so snippy about a guitar player/band they do not even know. Crazy...

And to say that Poison "sucks" is lame. Maybe you do not like their music, but if you have ever seen a live performance by these guys...they do NOT suck. You don't play and tour for 20 years if you suck. And...to throw in Boyz II Men, Mariah Carey, and N'Sync as "the suck"...makes me wonder what your definition of "great" would be. Those three are not rock musicians...but are all extremely talented in their own right....which is why they are so popular...:thu:

• Members

Because during Poison's heyday there was an interview with CC in
Guitar for the Practicing Musician
and he came across like a whiny little bitch acting like he was one of the world's greatest guitarists and the reason Poison didn't get all the accolades they deserved was because of the glam and it wasn't THEIR fault - they HAD to glam or they wouldn't have gotten signed and nobody understood what it was like and how great of guitarist he really was.

This. I remember reading that when it came out.

• Members

C.C. is not a great guitarist by any means, but he is a perfect fit for Poison's brand of dumb, generic 80's party rock. He plays what's right for the song. I have respect for the guy. He made playing guitar look like lots of fun in their videos, and I'm not ashamed to admit that he, along with Eddie Van Halen made me want to play guitar as a young lad in the mid to late 80's.

• Members

I never realized Poison was such a hot button. I figured it would have been Bon Jovi or something.

This is classic. The only band whose music actually makes me angry is Nickelback. So I guess if you put it on those terms, I guess I can understand why somebody really hates Poison.

what the younger generation sometimes misses, is that Nickelback seems to be THIS generations' Poison.

Archived