Why the CC DeVille hate?

ak47dragunov

• Members

Still, understanding what's going on is nice.
:o

i just figured anyone willing to call a multi-platinum band for "sucking" ought to be able to post their own music, so we can hear the difference:thu:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They had a #1 song for gods sake !!! Who says it is not quality? You ???

I am not a huge Poison fan, they were to commercial for my personal taste in Hair Metal, but I am not stupid enough to say they were not good at what they did and certainly were successful with it.

Yes, I say that having a No. 1 does not equal quality.

Have you seen the number of No. 1 singles by performers like N'Sync, Mariah Carey, Boys II Men, etc. etc.?

• Members

i just figured anyone willing to call a multi-platinum band for "sucking" ought to be able to post their own music, so we can hear the difference:thu:

Well, surely you don't like everyone that has had more success in life than you have? :idk:

Dubya, 50 Cent, Polanski, Nickelback? :freak:

• Members

When I think of the 80s (high school and college for me), I remember albums like Moving Pictures, Screaming for Vengeance, Powerslave, Master of Puppets, Reign in Blood, Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?, and Arise.

Yes, Mr. Deville sucks doggy logs.

• Members

Well, surely you don't like everyone that has had more success in life than you have?
:idk:

Dubya, 50 Cent, Polanski, Nickelback?
:freak:

true, but i'm also not the one trashing the ones i don't like on the internet

at least not today :D

• Members

You guys are a bunch of clowns. So many people are caught up in what music is supposed to sound like or what is "good". To each his own. And obviously if you don't like something, you don't like it. I can't stand Joe Satriani or Yngwie Malmsteen (or however you spell his name) and their fancy guitars and guitar playing but I can appreciate their talent. 99% of the rock bands from the 80's have more talent that most of the crap pop and mainstream rock that comes out these days. That isn't to say that music today sucks but it has become incredibly homogenized. Thank god for the internet!

I guess I'm the odd guy that likes Pantera and like Poison. Poison was around when I was a kid. I was all of 8 years old and C.C. was one of the guys that inspired me to play. He is a dork and I loved Slash's story in his book about trying out for Poison. That would have been a trainwreck.

Poison almost singlehandedly destroyed modern music as we know it.

And then what.. Backstreet Boys and Hanson came in and finished off what Poison started? Please. Dramatic much?

• Members

I love CC, and I think he has some great licks. I don't know what kind of human being he is, but I love his guitar work. Why hate anyone who can entertain? I've been to 2 Poison concerts, and they both rocked, sounded good, kept our attention, and EVERYONE had fun! That era was all about fun, unlike now when pretty much everything new sucks.

• Members

Poison shone through as the hair band with the lowest IQ and thats some achievement.

Everything they did made Ratt sound like art rock.

Its got nothing to do with what decade they were popular, they were {censored} then and now with the benefit of hindsight they were a stool of epic proportions.

• Members

Zemmy, I will grant you that it's very probable that none of the guitarists saying DeVille sucks on this thread are as skilled at the guitar as him.

The difference is, you will never have a girlfriend who forces you to listen to one of them on the car radio.

Sucking and playing in the basement/garage/church/corner-bar is a far lesser offense than sucking and being a titan of mass media.

• Members

Poison shone through as the hair band with the lowest IQ and thats some achievement.

Everything they did made Ratt sound like art rock.

Its got nothing to do with what decade they were popular, they were shit then and now with the benefit of hindsight they were a stool of epic proportions.

So well said that they should put that on CC Deville's tombstone. :thu:

• Members

Saw then in concert, prolly 89 or 90, he made the show lots of stage presents. Great concert, fun music and fun crowd. Definitely something your not gonna find in todays music.

It's hard for me to find any good rock and roll today, back in the 80's it was everywhere Videos, radio, hell I can remember everyone sittin around the TV because Motleys new video was gonna premiere. It must be tuff to be up a cumming rock star nowadays.

• Members

because the things i listened to during the 80s

RUSH

Floyd

King Crimson

THE WHO

Alman Brothers

.... the list goes on and on...

no i find not one interesting thing poison did.. it was just crap music for the masses.. but if you like it fine... hell what i listen you may consider crap..

and thats fine too.. an opinion is just that..

• Members

I never realized Poison was such a hot button. I figured it would have been Bon Jovi or something.

This is classic. The only band whose music actually makes me angry is Nickelback. So I guess if you put it on those terms, I guess I can understand why somebody really hates Poison.

• Members

CC never got love because, with the exception of the 5 minute solos he did live, nothing he did was remotely original. Nothing but a Good Time? DEUCE. Un-skinny Bop? I KNOW A LITTLE (Lynard Skynyrd). But all said, I do like his playing and his collection of interesting guitars: neon BC Richs, Kramers, Gibsons, Gretchs, etc. He has good sound, too.

• Members

Deville was well on his way to becoming the white Hendrix before they derailed him.

i heard he was on his way to becoming the next Van Halen.. but he just did not want to work with such a shitty bass player.. :thu:

• Members

Wow! So anyone who caters to little fucking 14 year old girls and ends up selling tons of shitty albums in the process is more talented then everyone else who hasnt?

I guess that makes the JoBros like fucking the most awesome band ever. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Archived