When you play at home...

JimSF76

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Most of my practice happens between 10 pm and 2 am at the house.

My late at night rig is,
Bugera V5 on the 1 watt setting.
volume and gain at 3 ish, tone at 5.5, reverb at 5.

$500 in pedals up front,
phase, overdrive, distortion, delay/looper.
Custom strat.

I have never been happier with my home rig.

• Members

If I'm at my DAW computer, I'll play through the Axe-FX and monitors. If I'm just in my bedroom, I've got a cheapie lil practice amp. Or I'll just play unplugged or pick up my lil 3/4 size classical.

When I get some more room and a bit of spare money, I'll probably pick up one of the Atomic FRs to go with the Axe.

• Members

If I'm ever home during the day with no one around to be bothered, I plug into my Classic 50 and crank it. If someone's home or it's later in the evening I either stick to my acoustic or plug straight into an Acoustic B20 bass combo and just do some soft clean playing / practice.

• Members

Marshall 18 watter with a THD HotPlate Attenuator; Fender '57 Deluxe RI with HotPlate; Vox AC15TBX straight up; Orange AD15/12 with HotPlate.

I only play through headphones if I absolutely have to. I like to feel the air moving, and I play pretty loud. 12db of attenuation is perfect for most 15 watters because it just takes the edge off of the volume. The sound fills the room and you can hear the details of the harmonics coming from the power valves.

• Members

Apart from acoustic, whcih I play the most, I play through an AC30 (my one and only do it all amp at the moment), with the master vol set at the required level, depending upon time of day, who is in etc; I also use this for gigs - I like to get a good sense of what I'm playing when practicing, especially when writing stuff. I have a Line 6 UX1 and gearbox for late at night with headphones through my laptop, but it isn't as good as the AC30, even when the latter is on a low volume, so I tend to just read of an evening and leave the playing/practicing to more civilized hours.

• Members

HT-5 and pedals
the room is next to the liftbay with my neighbours entrance hall beside, upstairs is all entrance, downstairs is my hallway and entrance.

the only person who gets disturbed is me

downstairs after the house is asleep?
Amplug and headphones.

• Members

I'd say 90% of the time I play an acoustic at home, usually singing along. 5% of the time an electric unplugged and 5% of the time an electric plugged in. Most days I play an acoustic. I like to try and have people come over as much as possible even if they can only keep a simple beat on drums... atleast that way I will be playing electric.

At this point, I would rather be able to sing well than play the guitar well. Unfortunately, I'm halfway decent on the guitar and horible singer. :)

Archived