New Heritage H-575 day! That one's a keeper.

Jkater

• Members

My new H575 arrived today. I checked every centimeter of it, checked the fretwork for possible low action (if need be), it's obviously plekked. Then I plugged it in my amp... instant love.

This is a BEAUTIFUL guitar. Solid maple top, back and sides. The black stained flame maple pickguard is a nice touch. The Seymour Duncan PAF 59's sound very good and I am particularly impressed with the bridge pup, not nasal at all, very usable sound. The neck pick-up is full sounding and more focused. With both pick-ups engaged, it's very airy and open. The neck is very interesting, sort of (but not to) narrow and just the right thickness. I'd call it a "soft D" profile. It's a neck like I never had before and yet, it felt good right away.

Here are quick pics. I'll take better ones in good light for the "glamour" pics soon.

H575Jkater.jpg

H575.jpg

H575back.jpg

H575cutaway.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh man. I'm so happy for you! It was a bit of a struggle getting here, eh, but I think the wait and search paid off. That is gorgeous.
:thu:

Thank you mrbrown! :)

Yes, I had been looking for a nice jazz guitar for a while but only recently did I make money available for the jazzbox that I had wanted for so long. Heritage have been in my mind a long time (thanks Metallica!) but they are not easy to find in Europe and are priced higher than in the US. After buying and returning a H

• Members

My new H575 arrived today. I checked every centimeter of it, checked the fretwork for possible low action (if need be), it's obviously plekked. Then I plugged it in my amp... instant love.

This is a BEAUTIFUL guitar.
Solid
maple top, back and sides. The black stained flame maple pickguard is a nice touch. The Seymour Duncan PAF 59's sound very good and I am particularly impressed with the
bridge
pup, not nasal at all, very usable sound. The neck pick-up is full sounding and more focused. With both pick-ups engaged, it's very airy and open. The neck is very interesting, sort of (but not to) narrow and just the right thickness. I'd call it a "soft D" profile. It's a neck like I never had before and yet, it felt good right away.

Here are quick pics. I'll take better ones in good light for the "glamour" pics tomorrow.

H575Jkater.jpg
H575.jpg
H575back.jpg
H575cutaway.jpg

HAPPY NEW GUITAR DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thu:

My Heritage H150 is the BEST guitar I have ever played.....they build KILLER STUFF.....too bad most people don't even know who they are:facepalm:

• Members

I'm curious - I've never played an ES175/575 before, how does the sound compare to a 335 type like your Yamaha?

This was an important aspect for me because I did not want to duplicate the Yamaha's sound or versatility (would have been a waste of money). I wanted a guitar that sounds rich and complex for clean instrumentals and soloing. A few laminated Jazz guitars sound almost like semis, are resistant to feedback, being rigidly built, etc. This 575 is made of solid wood and is a little more alive acoustically than the laminated jazz boxes I've tried. It is also said to be a different animal than the ES-175 (a great guitar I could have seen myself owning). I didn't bother trying it with distortion, I'm clear that it wouldn't sound good with it just by the character of its sound played clean.

Archived