Peavey killed their usa line

cerebrix

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This.

It also didn't help when EVH jumped ship; right now I can't think of a single well-known endorsement of their guitar line. Their bread-and-butter has always been sound-related anyway, so if HP is cutting his losses, probably a smart move. Who knows, he could start it back up down the road.

Especially with Satriani also jumping ship. I know they still have some endorsers (Blackstone Cherry, Gary Hoey, etc) but nothing of their caliber and certainly nothing I can think of where they built a product to an artists needs.

I think Peavey guitars are a lot like Subaru's. Not everyones cup of tea regardless of how reliable and how advanced. Sometimes being different for the sake of being different isn't a good thing. Peavey guitars aren't always the best looking things out there. Designs are always a bit 'off'. Sometimes it's a win (Rotor, EVH), sometimes not (there new metal guitar designs).

• Members

Your friend and mine Marc 'The Exorcist' Jefferies (beter known on HCEG as metalheadUK) plays a Peavey bass with Crosstown Lightnin'. It sounds fine and he prefers playing that to a Fender Precision he has around the house ...

• Members

I just loves me some Peavey! :thu:
I have a T-60, T-40, T-15, Patriot, JF-2 & Classic 50 410. And it is the best money I have ever spent on gear! And if you have never tried any of these well you just don't know! Sucks 2 B U! :poke:

Edit: Forgot my Peavey Power Slide. :facepalm:

• Members

Well, I guess I'm jumping the gun on that but his use of Marshall's with Chickenfoot, the 50 watt JSX being cancelled. Magic 8 Ball says "Ask again later."

Admittedly, I don't keep up with what he's playing. Didn't know he'd been using Marshalls or that a new JSX amp had been cancelled.

Peavey is notorious for announcing new products at NAMM and then sitting on the design for years before they release them, if they release them at all, though.

• Members

I never thought I would own a Peavey guitar until I followed suit after EBMM stopped making the EVH and bought a Wolfgang. This arguement goes both way as to which is the better guitar, though hands down I prefer the 15" radius of the Wolfgang neck. The shame is that Peavey proved they could make a top of the line guitar, and there custom shop was off the charts.

Though they only made 472 CS Wolfgangs these guitars were in a league of their own sound and material wise and even out do the EBMM EVHs. If they would of only followed EBMM lead and grabbed a few other top players to work with instead of naming guitars after Hartley or of all things Jack Daniels I seriously think they would of been a major force in the guitar world today.

The HP Specials which were the old Wolfgangs with a few tweaks are a steal today and I would advise anyone to grab one while you still can. Also during the last year of the Wolfgang there idea to cut corners and produce guitars and parts in Korea when they were always a US company was a major blunder and cheapened the brand just as they were starting to be taken seriously.

But as stated before guitars were not at the forefront of their products which is a shame.

• Members

As long as they still make their amps then I'll be happy. The day I find out they're killing the USA amp line is the day I go out and blow a few grand on amps just to have em.

Plus {censored}ing one. Their guitars were nice and all, but their amps are what make Peavey shine. My Peavey Bravo 112 is the piece of gear I've owned the longest and it's never had a single issue, unlike my younger Voxes and Fenders. if it were stolen, I'd sell a different amp and replace it with another Peavey.

Archived