So what are you gassin' for today?

twisty571

• Members

Bought a Mission Amps 5e3 kit and I'm having someone build it for me since I have zero electronix skillz. GAS is killing me while I wait for the tube wizard (John Freed) to finish up! ;-)

Current dilemma is what speaker to put it it when it's complete, how do you pick from a cast of hundreds??? :-(

Weber Silver Bell... great all around speaker. I tried about 10 different speakers in my 5E3 and overall, for a combination of clean-ish tones, and gain tones AND bringing in just a hair of chime, I like the Alnico Silver Bell the most. I also really like the Weber Blue Dog and the Celestion Alnico Blue, but I am a Vox guy at heart. I also really liked the EVM 12L, but it almost doubles the weight of the amp.

The 'standard' answer for the 5E3 is an Alnico Weber 12A125... then pick if you want it to be a little brighter than average or not and if you want earlier or later speaker breakup. I preferred the Silver Bell and Blue Dog largely because I like having a decent amount of bottom end.

And I know there are folks that enjoy their Greenbacks and their G12H30s in the 5E3 amps, but they were not for me. They were my least favorites.

• Members

What am I not GASing for? That's the question. Mostly a new guitar. Most likely one of these:

28797aaf-cfb4-4153-8891-a349744c1490.jpg

But, with the weather, it could change by the time my Feb. 11 checks comes. Possibly a new Celestion V30, some sort of high gain pedal, or Marshally sounding pedal (Crunch Box, Distortron, etc).

• Members

Cheap strings IF I can get them to throw in some picks! :thu:

:lol:

Right now I'm REALLY GAS'n for zero balances on my credit accounts, but that's not going to happen.

Oh, I like

That red Vox AC15

I have the Gibbie Dethklok Explorer on order along with

The Gibbie '60s Tribute LP in goldtop

Thinking about the Gibbie '60s Tribute SG in natural

I also have the 2010 Gibbie Nighthawk on BACKORDER :mad:

Today I just canceled my order for the Epi JB LP :( I was just too torn on that one and I've got some bigger ticket items I'll have to be able to pay for

Oh, and I still want another Tech 21 SansAmp Character pedal, i.e. the Liverpool. But dang, them things IS PRIcey!

• Members

I'm GASing for a Telecaster...that I like and can afford. I found one of those Squier Classic Vibe 50's models today but I was not impressed. It played ok...nothing to write home about but what really sucked was the bridge pup sounded like ass. Hardly any output at all and when the the switch was in the middle all you could really hear was the neck pup. Also when I first plugged it into an amp it started making this nasty hum until I wiggled the cord around the output jack. It seemed like there was a short in the jack somewere. I don't think it was the patch cord. Anyhow...the whole experienced sucked and I was quite disappointed since I had read some good things about this guitar. :(

I guess I am going to start looking at the MIM Teles. I do really like the Roadworn series but they are about $500 over my budget...:mad:

• Members

Oh, I like

That red Vox AC15

I have the Gibbie Dethklok Explorer on order
along with

The Gibbie '60s Tribute LP in goldtop

Thinking about the Gibbie '60s Tribute SG in natural

I also have the 2010 Gibbie Nighthawk on BACKORDER
:mad:

*jealous* :mad:

Ive had so much trouble trying to order that thing its not funny :facepalm:

Plus i wish i had the money to just order 3 new guitars at the drop of a hat :cry:

• Members

Right now I'm REALLY GAS'n for zero balances on my credit accounts, but that's not going to happen.

I am on a plan to have my house,my Harley paid off and house remodeled by the end of they year & I will have no more "major" bills. We are a strict pay cash diet,if we don't have the green we don't buy it. OH,yeah my last kid in the house graduates in May & at the same time I turn 40 :evil: This time next year Mom & Dad can party like it's 1999 :facepalm:

Archived