February Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Odd I was looking at availability and had it in my cart from last time these were an item. I passed then because the trip to my nearest BB would be a pain & shipping was to the home was almost as much as the pedal. But when I looked and noticed this was still sitting in my cart and noticed that this time shipping was reduced to $1.25 so I bit. Did they reduce shipping to move these?

Damn, I wish I'd noticed the shipping dropped, I would have done it for the convenience instead of going there. Tried cancelling, "we're sorry, our order system is down." Crap.

• Members

Starchaster Chorus Pedal, $7.99 at BestBuy. This was posted a couple of weeks ago, but the website would not let you ship to store then. It does now, just ordered one.

I got this message when I tried the ship to store option:

We're sorry, this item is not available for ship to store to HIRAM GA.

But, shipping to my house is only $1.25.

• Members

Yes, you should try to pay as much as possible in taxes because your money is handled frugally and spent effeciently by your government

Take it outside, boys. Post good deals!

DOD YJM308 Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive Pedal $29.99

http://www.amazon.com/DOD-YJM308-Yngwie-Malmsteen-Overdrive/dp/B0002GL8MG/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1297133979&sr=1-2

41h%2B4V0MYwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not tried it myself but I have heard good things about it. Hard to go wrong at $30.

• Members

Looks like $30 is the street price. Might be worth $30, but it's not a sale.

This is a discontinued pedal - you can no longer get it at MF, M123, or guitar center.

It is also $69.00 at Sam Ash - so $29.99 is not the street price, and this is a great deal.

http://www.samash.com/p/DOD_YJM308%20Yngwie%20Malmsteen%20Distortion%20Pedal_-49985858

• Members

Starcaster Chorus was too tempting. If its crap, the metal case is worth the price paid.

Electronically it's an almost exact copy of the old analog version of the Boss CE-5 chorus. Blended output only and the bucket brigade chips are mildly different, but hard to complain at that price. This might be helpful: http://archive.americasdebate.org/Starcaster_chorus-Boss_CE-5_xref.txt

• Members

Music123.com doesn't honor their quotes! I had a price match quote for the Godin Redline 3 featured in last months deals. I ordered a it on Feb 4 and today my order was canceled because the quote I got of $313 was "too low". They tried to blame it on PayPal but I checked with them and the order was canceled by Music123 themselves. Bad business. If you are not going to honor your best price quotes don't issue them!

Yeah, this happened to me a couple weeks ago with the Snark tuner. Said paypal had an issue...right. I called in and they honored the quote and actually allowed me to order two of them instead of the new one and done rule with their price match quotes.

• Members

Thanks for posting the Starcaster pedal- under $10 shipped for me, and they take Paypal! Woohoo!

and yes, the YJM pedal has been closed out at that price for quite a while. I passed because reviews were kind of meh if I remember correctly and I went with a Bad Monkey instead at the same price (at the time).

• Members

Bonus Bucks at Woodwind and Brasswind

bonusbucks.jpg

You get a discount sent via email for use for future purchase. 15% off or greater at every tier. Good to shoot for the lowest price at each tier to get the best discount. Shoot for total of $100 (15% off), $300 (16.67% off), $500 (17% off) or right at $1000 (20% off). For example don't get a total amounting to $290 as you'd only be getting a little more than 5% which is laughable. Another example, don't get a total amounting to $980 as you'd only be getting a 8.67% discount.

I guess I'm glad MF didn't give me the discount as now I can get the same items with a bigger 16.67% discount on ALL items no exclusions. I am going to call MF and tell them to suck it since their sister company gave me the discount I asked nicely for 3 times and was refused.

BTW, MF=M123=Woodwind & Brasswind=Guitar Center. So you can most likely get anything you'd normally buy at Guitar Center. Have at it guys and thank me later for this one.

• Members

Thanks for the info- not to be a stickler, but I just wanted to point out that your math is flawed because of the cashback having to be used on an additional purchase- you get NOTHING off the initial purchase.

At the $1000 tier, you would actually have to buy $1200 minimum ($1000 initial purchase + $200 additional purchase). You would get $200 off that, which is 16.67%. That is BEST case scenario, assuming what you want to buy now is EXACTLY $1000 and find something you want later that is EXACTLY $200. As you know, that is not going to be possible with the way WWBW/M123/MF do their pricing, so you will have to use filler items.

Not even taking account things like the time value of money, for most, the 15% up front is better IF they can get it.

This is all so complicated- I just want Fender Fridays to come back... and I don't really even like Fenders :lol:

• Members

Drawdeep the coupon you'd get via email would be similar to the old MF gift cards which are the same as cash, and while yes it has to be used for future purchases, that wouldn't mean you couldn't also use a code during next purchase and then use the bonus bucks as a partial payment. So my initial math was correct.

• Members

Drawdeep the coupon you'd get via email would be similar to the old MF gift cards which are the same as cash, and while yes it has to be used for future purchases, that wouldn't mean you couldn't also use a code during next purchase and then use the bonus bucks as a partial payment. So my initial math was correct.

drawdeep is correct. You're essentially paying $1000 for $1200 worth of gear ($1000 in gear now, $200 in gear later), and that is 16.7% off at best. The plan to use it with a code later may or may not work, when was the last time you saw a code for wwbw to use it with?

Still a better deal than most places have had lately, but you're not getting 20% off of anything with this one...

Looks like a lot of the usual exclusions also apply, so you might want to check the fine print and make sure your order qualifies before you place your order.

Archived