February Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Members

I got the answer...if you click "change payment" link at checkout you can redeem points for cash off your order, and you can also do it when placing a phone order. It's pretty easy to miss when checking out because you have to click a small link in order to activate it, and it doesn't say anything about bonus points on the link, just "change payment"

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry if this is OT but I see regularly people saying if there are no promo codes to just call in and ASK for a 10-15% off the order. I tried 3 times and no go. Here's a copy of my order. $300+ and I can't get them to budge to give me a discount. I am wondering if any one of those people that have good luck on getting discounts by just asking if they can see this order and wonder if they would be able to get a flat 15% off by just asking.

full.jpg

• Members

If you want 10-20% off, you'll probably have better luck if you're not buying a lot of nickel and dime stuff. Even a lot of the promo codes for a percentage off were scaled depending on the amount spent. Seemed like recently you might only get 5% on an order that small, even with a code.

I don't think too many people would suggest you call and ask for anything off for an order like that.

• Members

If you want 10-20% off, you'll probably have better luck if you're not buying a lot of nickel and dime stuff. Even a lot of the promo codes for a percentage off were scaled depending on the amount spent. Seemed like recently you might only get 5% on an order that small, even with a code.

I don't think too many people would suggest you call and ask for anything off for an order like that.

I have never got a routine 10-15 off unless it was like calling for a item on sale that was out of stock and they suggested something else and then I asked for a similar discount as on the sale one , and sometimes they would check with a supervisor and do it.

• Members

Sorry if this is OT but I see regularly people saying if there are no promo codes to just call in and ASK for a 10-15% off the order. I tried 3 times and no go. Here's a copy of my order. $300+ and I can't get them to budge to give me a discount. I am wondering if any one of those people that have good luck on getting discounts by just asking if they can see this order and wonder if they would be able to get a flat 15% off by just asking.

full.jpg

I can understand them refusing to deal on the three SDOTD gig bags.

• Members

full.jpg

Did you ask for free picks? Or were you planning on using all those reeds you ordered as picks?

• Members

Did you ask for free picks? Or were you planning on using all those reeds you ordered as picks?

Haha no I didn't think of that asking for free picks. I do have a Pick Punch a friend bought for me for Christmas which is cool for cutting up old credit cards for picks.

Pick-Punch-Tool.jpg

If there was a way to repurpose old picks into a liquid plastic to pour into molds to make into reeds, then I'd be onto something as I prefer synthetic reeds for the most part and it would just be recycled delrin/tortex, which might make an interesting sounding reed. Heck maybe a new market for Dunlop there, making Tortex reeds. Hmmmm....

• Members

Starchaster Chorus Pedal, $7.99 at BestBuy. This was posted a couple of weeks ago, but the website would not let you ship to store then. It does now, just ordered one.

8410524_ra.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=starcaster+pedal&sc=Global&goButton.x=0&goButton.y=0&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

• Members

Starchaster Chorus Pedal, $7.99 at BestBuy. This was posted a couple of weeks ago, but the website would not let you ship to store then. It does now, just ordered one.

8410524_ra.jpg

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Starcaster%26%23174;+by+Fender%26%23174;+-+Chorus+Pedal/8410524.p?id=1183766589631&skuId=8410524&st=pedal&cp=1&lp=1

In for one, thanks! :thu:

• Members

I have one. I am finding it very useful. In fact, I might start a thread "In Praise of the Chorus Pedal".

• Members

Odd I was looking at availability and had it in my cart from last time these were an item. I passed then because the trip to my nearest BB would be a pain & shipping was to the home was almost as much as the pedal. But when I looked and noticed this was still sitting in my cart and noticed that this time shipping was reduced to $1.25 so I bit. Did they reduce shipping to move these?

• Members

Music123.com doesn't honor their quotes! I had a price match quote for the Godin Redline 3 featured in last months deals. I ordered a it on Feb 4 and today my order was canceled because the quote I got of $313 was "too low". They tried to blame it on PayPal but I checked with them and the order was canceled by Music123 themselves. Bad business. If you are not going to honor your best price quotes don't issue them!

Archived