February Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Members

Don't think there are any rules against ebay auctions here, sorry if I'm wrong. This place is selling the
Yamaha FG700S WITH a hard case for $199 with free shipping
. They have their own web site, but on the web site they are not showing free shipping. The guitar is $199 with free shipping everywhere, but none of the other places include a case in the price. I've never bought from these people, so you're on your own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-FG700S-Acoustic-Guitar-Spruce-Top-w-Case-/230592316479?pt=Guitar&hash=item35b05f843f

As long as it is a BIN auction, you're good. :thu:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't think there are any rules against ebay auctions here, sorry if I'm wrong. This place is selling the
Yamaha FG700S WITH a hard case for $199 with free shipping
. They have their own web site, but on the web site they are not showing free shipping. The guitar is $199 with free shipping everywhere, but none of the other places include a case in the price. I've never bought from these people, so you're on your own.

This guitar, without a case, was around $160-something at GuitarCenter last week. Whether this is a good deal depends very much on the quality of that included case. I've seen really really rancid cases--worse than an average gig bag. Hard to say...

• Members

This guitar, without a case, was around $160-something at GuitarCenter last week. Whether this is a good deal depends very much on the quality of that included case. I've seen really really rancid cases--worse than an average gig bag. Hard to say...

Listing says it is a Yamaha case, so it should be decent.

• Members

MF makes the Ibby Lo-fi $29 I might shake off rigor-mortise and buy something... Otherwise Meh...

Looks like MF just raise a lot of their prices on the normal clearance crap - may be getting ready to have a 15% off sale....

• Members

$99 elsewhere (PRICEMATCH)

IMO it's too expensive for those plugins. If you buy other bundles, including Waves, the price per plugin is often less than $40.

I do like those T-Racks singles and use them often, but I believe I paid a maximum of $100 for 5 of those plugins plus the CSR Hall.

For the next 2 days I think the PSP Mixpack is a better deal at $99 for 6 plugins:

http://www.pspaudioware.com/

Here's a review:

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/computers-software/plug-in-fx/mixpack2-155396/review

• Members

Is this thread about over? Is the Economy Back? Sweet . I do not see anymore 99.OLPS , Set neck Epis, or Speedloaders? No blowout tube amps? Just strings and things...well there must be some inventory piling up some where. Let's find it in March!

• Members

Does anyone know of a clip-on tuner that takes a AAA or AA battery? I'm not keen on having to buy new batteries that can't be recharged like a NiMH AAA/AA can. Coin cells don't last very long either. My Korg GT4/DT4 takes AAAs (2 I think) and it is small like these clip ons. Just makes more sense in a environmentally friendly time we are living in. I an not an envir-o-nut, I'm just cheap and prefer to use rechargeables when possible.

• Members

anyone know how this compares to the snark? I have a snark but I love little gadgets like this and it can't hurt to have a spare tuner to toss in my gig bag. For ten bucks I'm tempted.

I don't know how they compare to the Snark. But I have several cheap Chinese clip on tuners that are similar to this. I also have a few Snarks. They all seem to work pretty well. The graphics aren't as nice as the Snarks. But for $10 shipped, you don't have much to lose. I suspect that this is more than adequate as a backup tuner.

• Members

Does anyone know of a clip-on tuner that takes a AAA or AA battery? I'm not keen on having to buy new batteries that can't be recharged like a NiMH AAA/AA can. Coin cells don't last very long either. My Korg GT4/DT4 takes AAAs (2 I think) and it is small like these clip ons. Just makes more sense in a environmentally friendly time we are living in. I an not an envir-o-nut, I'm just cheap and prefer to use rechargeables when possible.

Coin cell last an average of 2 years, with heavy use, 1 at least...

The problem is that if you buy the cheap coin cells, you are doomed... Buy Maxell, Energizer... I buy them by the blisters....

One more thing, unproper handling and storage WILL decrease its charge and life.

How do I know this: My dad is a watchmaker , and I have worked changing batteries and doing minimum repairs to watches (my dad fixes the Rolex, Omega, etc)... Doing this I learned a lot about batteries and its life span, qualities, storage, etc.

• Members

Anyone ever have any luck getting GC to price match a used guitar locally to another guitar centers used equipment price? Seems silly to ship something cross country when I can just buy the same thing at my store. Oh, and then try and get the $100 off $499 coupon on top of it? I'm thinking of doing some shopping in the used bin.

Archived