February Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

10% off all used gear at Daddy's the sale was this past weekend, over now

http://www.daddys.com/

I'd be cautious and order only if you live by a store (New England/NY) as some used pieces are shiite. When you order you put 10% down to ship to a store and if you don't like it they refund. I am not sure about shipping it to someone out of the area.

I have found great deals there in the past, though (I just ordered a MIM Tele for $220)

• Members

Shop is located in MD - Looks like some pretty good deals - to include all used gear 50% off

Note that that's 50% list, typically no biggie.

Searching through the price list PDF (http://www.victorlitz.com/PriceList/PriceList.pdf) is mostly an act of frustration, most of the markdowns shown are ho-hum, and many aren't shown at all - need to call in to get the prices.

It's true, though, that there are some pretty good deals listed despite it all. For instance, the Guyatone Micro Chorus and Octaver are listed at $30 each, used MIM strats for $250, used Squier mini-strat for $37.50, some cheap Mighty Mite stuff...

Need to factor in shipping, and in some cases tax as well.

Also, in the past the really good deals have been scooped up almost immediately. Maybe not even truly available to the general public (ie, poached by store employees), though that's a controversial accusation with nothing concrete to back it up, as far as I can tell. In any case, the good deals are often onesies and short-lived at best, so if you're seriously interested it will pay to call as soon as the phone lines open up (which may mean slightly before noon EST on Sun). Good luck!

• Members

Also, in the past the really good deals have been scooped up almost immediately. Maybe not even truly available to the general public (ie, poached by store employees), though that's a controversial accusation with nothing concrete to back it up, as far as I can tell. In any case, the good deals are often onesies and short-lived at best, so if you're seriously interested it will pay to call as soon as the phone lines open up (which may mean slightly before noon EST on Sun). Good luck!

VL does have deals if you're on the ball. I scored a mint Fender Aerodyne Strat off one of their sales for $275. I was on the phone just as the store opened so I got it right away. The guitar had "gunk" on it that looked like the finish was pitted, but it cleaned right off. One of my better scores.

• Members
the sale was this past weekend, over now

http://www.daddys.com/

I'd be cautious and order only if you live by a store (New England/NY) as some used pieces are shiite. When you order you put 10% down to ship to a store and if you don't like it they refund. I am not sure about shipping it to someone out of the area.

I have found great deals there in the past, though (I just ordered a MIM Tele for $220)

Thnx. Got myself a red guitar for v-day.:lol:

• Members

Now there's an example of a copy editor that needs to be flogged.

Excellent. I can hear the conversation now:

Customer: "I want to use this coupon FREEPL84 to get a free microphone."

CSR: "Fine. What item do you wish to order."

Customer: "I will take the Fender Strat for $599."

CSR: "Good. You need 1999 more items. What will your second purchase over $249 be?"

• Members

• Members

Note that that's 50%
list
, typically no biggie.

Searching through the price list PDF (
) is mostly an act of frustration, most of the markdowns shown are ho-hum, and many aren't shown at all - need to call in to get the prices.

There is a Used Epiphone G400 for $285 -50%. That is $142.50 by my calculations. Not bad right?

I also see a WASHBURN WI 64DL for $225 -50% which would be $112.50.

• Members

I know there are a lot of people that aren't fans of both Sam Ash or Line 6 but if you are, then here are some decent deals (from Slickdeals):

http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/search_-1_10052_10002_UTF-8___t%3A3%2F%2F%3Assl%2F%2Fiphrase+bundle+taxonomy%2F%2F%3APhantom%3A02072011__sa+bundle+ourprice//1_-1_20__________0_-1__DrillDown____

Unfortuntaley, somebody apparently bought all the DL4's before anyone had a chance. I would have liked to get one for $120. I went ahead and got the MM4 to mess with.

• Members

I know there are a lot of people that aren't fans of both Sam Ash or Line 6 but if you are, then here are some decent deals (from Slickdeals):

Unfortuntaley, somebody apparently bought all the DL4's before anyone had a chance. I would have liked to get one for $120. I went ahead and got the MM4 to mess with.

that sucks. I have been looking to get a dl4 for a while and at 120, it would've been a no brainer. I already have an mm4...

• Members

Just got my guitar center Presidents Day sale mailer.

Feb. 18 - 21 featuring 'The List'. Also had a coupon for 15% off any single item over $299

I thought I might use the coupon on one of the new Squier Jazzmasters, but I see Squier is excluded. Ah well.

• Members

:

Anyone have any experience with this software?

Not really that bad and not really that great - ok for the money if you do not have anything else.

This may be a better deal - For the same price you can get this:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mackie-Tracktion-3-Ultimate-Bundle?sku=701815

Has DUO included and a lot more......

• Members

:

Anyone have any experience with this software?

Waves GTR Solo is a much better product. It is a free one year demo. After that, if you want to keep it you have to pay. Good way to find out if it works for you.

http://www.wavesupport.net/content.aspx?id=4136

• Members

Yeah me too.. how you like the MM4? I looked at eBay and $120 appears to be a good price for even a used one.

I like it. I use chorus, phaser, and flanger so this eliminated having to have 3 seperate pedals. It does have a slight volume drop when engaged,

but most of the models in it sound good. I think to fix the volume drop you have to change a resistor, fairly easy fix if you are good with an iron.

• Members

I thought I might use the coupon on one of the new Squier Jazzmasters, but I see Squier is excluded. Ah well.

Try it anyways. Sometimes they have advertising restrictions, but when you go into the store, they happily accommodate you.

Archived