Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great to hear the Transplant went off. He is one tough kid. You guys are both an inspiration to me personally. I only hope when life throws adversity my way, I can face it with the strength, courage, and resolve that you both have. Keep kicking ass Dustin !!! You guys both remain in my prayers.

• Members

Update.Day +6
Dustin seems to be tolerating the transplanted stem cells well. he has some pretty serious mouth sores.
Serious enough that he has been on a morphine drip along with additional pushed when needed.
He has also developed a rash on his neck and hands but from what the Dr. is telling us these are common side effects. Dr. also says Dustin is doing well and that he is pleased with the progress.

We have several more days of the mouth sores getting worse before Dustin's immune system starts to move in the right direction. From what we have heard the process of the sores getting better does not take as long as the process for then to get their worst. Good news as hes hasn't been able to eat for days now due to the sores. He was put onto a feeding program (IV nutrients) on Thursday. He has been losing about 2# a day.

I'm on my way to see him now before work. I guess he has friends visiting later today so I'll give him some space. My buddy wants to bring strippers in....not so sure about that.lol.

I will keep y'all posted. BTW there are 3 guitars in the room so the playing has NOT stopped.

Thanks for your continued interest and support!
Kev

• Members

More prayers and MOJO coming your way. Keep the faith Kevin and here is a shout out to Dustin; a very brave young man.

My wife is on her 9th week out of 12 chemo treatments. She is being very positive and I am damn proud of her too. She is on Taxotere and Avastin. She just had a CT scan that was middle of the road with no shrinking of the cancer. Next week we get new results for her tumor marker as we meet with the doctor.

gt5litre

• Members

More prayers and MOJO coming your way. Keep the faith Kevin and here is a shout out to Dustin; a very brave young man.

My wife is on her 9th week out of 12 chemo treatments. She is being very positive and I am damn proud of her too. She is on Taxotere and Avastin. She just had a CT scan that was middle of the road with no shrinking of the cancer. Next week we get new results for her tumor marker as we meet with the doctor.

gt5litre

Mojo and best wishes sent.

• Members

gt5litre

I pray that your wife will be ok.

• Members

Thanks guys, we really appreciate your thoughts and prayers. She has metastasized breast cancer (which means it has returned and spread beyond her breast and is in her liver, lymph glands, adrenal glands and also has nodule in her lung.

She was on an oral chemo and made a good stand against the cancer for about a year. Since the oral chemo was no longer working she had to go through IV chemo for the 3rd time. We are hoping the cancer begins to at the worst get smaller and hopefully make it go away.

gt5litre

Archived