Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Members

Update.

12 Radiation treatments over the past 9 days.

He did well with it not getting the grizzly upchucks or anything. His strength is sapped for sure though.

Tonight we admitted him into the hospital. We are in the final stages here. Tomorrow and Sunday he'll get high dose cytoxan (chemo). Monday is a day of rest. Tuesday is the transplant. We've waited so long to get here it seems.

Im excited and nervous.

Dustin isn't saying so but i suspect he is more terrified than he lets on.

I'm beat. need sleep,

Good night all,

Kev

Those treatments sound familiar.

I have a friend whose 9 year old son has neuroblastoma.

The meds sound very familiar.

Your son is a strong man.

My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

He's going to beat this.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the update Kevman. Glad to hear your treatment plan is finally progressing. Hang in there guys. Lots of folks praying, rooting, amd mojo-ing for you for sure. I'll throw in some extra prayers for you guys this week. Much strength, healing, comfort, and good vibes are wished your way!!!

• Members

Happy Memorial Day.
Especially to those who are serving in or have served in the US military.

Today is a day of rest for Dustin. I hope he gets some. Woke up this morning with dry heaves and nausea. Last 2 days of chemo catching up.

I may not get in here for a day or two just wanted to bump this to remind y'all of Dustin's transplant which takes place tomorrow.

Anxious? Yes.

• Members

Update.

12 Radiation treatments over the past 9 days.

He did well with it not getting the grizzly upchucks or anything. His strength is sapped for sure though.

Tonight we admitted him into the hospital. We are in the final stages here. Tomorrow and Sunday he'll get high dose cytoxan (chemo). Monday is a day of rest. Tuesday is the transplant. We've waited so long to get here it seems.

Im excited and nervous.

Dustin isn't saying so but i suspect he is more terrified than he lets on.

I'm beat. need sleep,

Good night all,

Kev

It is terrifying. I have graves disease, and had to go to the cancer center and take two weeks of radiation treatments in the eyes so I wouldn't go blind. It was one of the most stressful ordeals of my life.

I have hope and faith that your son will pull through this. My prayers are with your entire family. Take care.

• Members

Happy Memorial Day.

Today is a day of rest for Dustin. I hope he gets some. Woke up this morning with dry heaves and nausea. Last 2 days of chemo catching up.

I may not get in here for a day or two just wanted to bump this to remind y'all of Dustin's transplant which takes place tomorrow.

Anxious? Yes.

Hopefully next year, you and your family will be having a backyard bbq on Memorial Day, with you and Dustin playing a little guitar to entertain and bond with the family.

Prayers anf Mojo still being sent your way Kevman !!!

• Members

Happy Memorial Day.

Anxious? Yes.

I pray the everything is going great today.

More prayer and MoJo sent.

• Members

Done.
Day 0 is here, new bone marrow stem cells infused/transplanted. Now we wait....
In two weeks time under close attention for possible host vs. graft or vice versa as well as any possible infection we'll know how well/fast the new stem cells are finding their way into his bone marrow to regenerate. Wild stuff for sure. During that time Dustin will have 0 immune system. I have to mask and glove to hang in the room with him.

So a sigh of relief with fingers still crossed is how I see today. A step in the right direction for sure. BTW Dustin is a badass. Didn't even puke (they told him he would) during the transplant. The boy can hold his stem cells!

Peace,
Kev

• Members

Done.

Day 0 is here, new bone marrow stem cells infused/transplanted. Now we wait....

In two weeks time under close attention for possible host vs. graft or vice versa as well as any possible infection we'll know how well/fast the new stem cells are finding their way into his bone marrow to regenerate. Wild stuff for sure. During that time Dustin will have 0 immune system. I have to mask and glove to hang in the room with him.

So a sigh of relief with fingers still crossed is how I see today. A step in the right direction for sure. BTW Dustin is a badass. Didn't even puke (they told him he would) during the transplant. The boy can hold his stem cells!

Peace,

Kev

Hot damn, that's great.

Archived