Mojo Needed..Fellow HCer is hurting.

Kevman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LARGE amount of Mojo and Prayers sent out for you both right now..for strength and his healing... You guys are troopers. Both of you. Keep the faith and positive attitude. I only hope that when the chips are down for me or my family, I can have the strength and positive attitude you guys do. Give him a HUGE hug, high 5, or whatever he's comfy with from me and my family whether he wants it or not. You guys will remain in my thoughts and prayers 4 sure !!!!

• Members

Hi folks,
MAIDEN was awesome! It's almost unreal how good this band is. Very hard for me to think of them as anything but the best metal band ever.

Dustin was released from the hospital last Wed and went back for a check-up on Friday. They said his levels were low but that they would do a transfusion on Monday so that he could go to the show. Done! We had a blast and did the post show IHOP pig out to boot.

Saturday it was kind of hard getting the boy up but eventually the smell of breakfast got him moving. By Saturday noon, he was done. Nothing in the tank and looking kinda pale so he crashed for several hours. I was getting ready to go home and kissing the kids goodbye when I noticed that Dustball was burning up. 103 degree temp means call doctor NOW! So I piled the boy into the car and we headed back to the hospital where he has been since.

He has some kicking mouth sores from the last chemo and he has some pretty nice hive looking spots all over as well. He has been on IV fluids,antibiotics and been getting pretty regular platelet and blood transfusions. His system is bouncing off the bottom. Just yesterday did they see his white blood cell count move off of the floor.

This is what is supposed to happen...wipe his system out, taking the bad and good cells. He is still scheduled for bone marrow transplant first week of April.

They will let him out of the hospital once his system can make hemoglobin and white blood cells on it's own again. 2-3 days?

Dustin will be 18 on Friday! Happy early birthday boy! He will likely be spending it in the hospital. I don't care where he has them, as long as he keeps having them.

Last night the local high school had a fund raiser for Dustball at the local Friendly's restaurant. I thought that was cool. I didn't get down to it but I'm glad his classmates have him on their minds. Lord knows I do.

• Members

Just caught up on the thread and I am soooo sorry to hear about the relapse. I am not much for praying, but major mojo and prayers sent your way Kev. I can't imagine the hell you are going through. Be strong my friend and know that there are hundreds of people here that are sending all their best to you and Dustin....

• Members

I have been away awhile, what with moving to SE Texas and my wife and I getting back together. She is feeling pretty good; she is having a few side effect issues with the xeloda she is takiing for her cancer.

I want to wish Dustin and Kev the best and much mojo and prayers coming your way!!

• Members

Dustin, major mojo on the way. MIND OVER MATTER!! keep those positive I will beat this out of my body thoughts rolling. Never believe for a second that any other outcome other than a 100% full recovery is in the coming days.

My thoughts, prayers and heart officially go out to you this morning.

Kev- keep that head up Brother you are the man!

Archived