Guitars You'd Like To Try But Can't Find Anywhere

Elias Graves

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

One of the original graphite/carbon fiber Steinberger electric guitars with Trans Trem

[video=youtube;gfiYo82x1Iw]

I bought a Spirit years ago, but there not the same thing - of course

I once went to buy a Steiny back in the mid 90s, but found they were suddenly no longer available.

They were quite pricey back then - can't exactly remember how much now (something like around $1800 IIRC) - these days, I doubt I'd want to buy one, but I'd still like to play one.

• Members

I bought a
Spirit
years ago, but there not the same thing - of course

I once went to buy a Steiny back in the mid 90s, but found they were suddenly no longer available.

They were quite pricey back then - can't exactly remember how much now (something like around $1800 IIRC) - these days, I doubt I'd want to buy one, but I'd still like to play one.

Good call. I'd love to have a mid 80s Steinberger GL2T someday.

steinberger_gl2t.jpg

• Members

John you have some great designs, I remember looking at all your drawings way back when, the guitar turned out great. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't a guy from the board here bring it to fruition, Name of Bennett or something like that.

They are built by Bruce Bennett in Chattanooga, TN., including the model I posted above. I have seen this guitar in person (I was at the Newport Guitar Festival, took the photo actually), but as far as I know, it's the only JBD-400 ever built. I'm not even sure where the guitar presently is...so it qualifies as a 'Guitar I'd like to try but can't find anywhere'.

• Members

I actually did get to play one of your guitars at a local shop. You, sir have a fine eye for design.

Thank you!

....but You've apparently never seen some of the stringed turd designs I've come up with either. They're at the bottom of a drawer somewhere...I should burn them so that they can never 'leak' out and embarrass me at some future time.