Gibson L-6S reissue

Into Nation

• Members

I saw that in the catalog. It was painful. I had an original I traded off for around $250 :facepalm:

It wasn't entirely my own stupid fault. A "Guitar Blue Book" made me do it. :mad: Don't trust those things! :cop:

That's the guitar I let go of that I regret the most. At the time I just thought it was redundant to my LP and also inferior to it.

That was before I became a hoarder. :o

• Members

I had a couple of original L-6S guitars when they first came out. One was actually custom ordered.

I like what the newer ones are offering for electronic upgrades. Possibly, they will sound good as well.

As for price...well we all know how that goes at Gibson.

• Members

I just noticed the L6-S RI in the new MF catalog. I like the look and played a butchered old one once. Considered buying it but didn't have $700 at the time. IDK. It's an interesting guitar but I'll wait for the blowout sale or a decent used original one.

• Members

I put mine on eBay 15 or so years ago and didn't get much for mine either, maybe $350. Mine was an excellent to mint condition in blonde with maple neck and had the covered Bill Lawrence pickups. It didn't sound all that good, actually had a funky kind of sound that just seemed "off" no matter how you spun the selector switch.

• Members

Maybe it's the rare, endangered and protected Brazilian maple? :idk:

But just because it's illegal to use doesn't mean companies have to stop using it. :lol:

Right? RIGHT!?! :poke:

The specs in the MF ad say it has a "maple fingerboard". That sure looks like rosewood in the picture...:confused

Archived