Dec Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got that Akai Headrush for $79 earlier this year at GC. They had them for $99 and i used a $20 off $99 coupon. not trying to crap on the deal post, people were discussing best deals of the year and that was one for me.

Other good deals this year:

$39 Jackson Kelly w/ Floyd (Amazon Pricing Error - shoudl have been $399), Dean ML Black Bolt for $59, 10 pack of D'Addario's for $12.99, Visual Sound Double Trouble for $75 from Amazon, $45 Son of hyde (love this pedal) and Bugera V5 for $99.

From the previous year, the two best I can think of are the TKL SG case for $29 shipped and the Tascam DP004 for $30 or $40 (don't remember anymore).

• Members

I didn't get any great scores this year, though I'm still on the fence about that damien (I'm having a hard time getting past the neck graphic).

I was hoping for a "Lunch time" level deal this year... That was by far my best haul ever.
;)

For what its worth the neck inlay is not as visible as the pic in Amazon shows.

At a angle you cant see it at all really..Hope that helps you decide.

• Members

Man, being named Dean, I really want to find one I like, but those min-flying v headstocks just look like ass to me...The Aluminum Lace pickups....anyone tried them? I have a Tele with lipsticks in it, might be a clean easy hole swap.

Yup that's one big ass ugly headstock.

• Members

I got that Akai Headrush for $79 earlier this year at GC. They had them for $99 and i used a $20 off $99 coupon. not trying to crap on the deal post, people were discussing best deals of the year and that was one for me.

Other good deals this year:

$39 Jackson Kelly w/ Floyd (Amazon Pricing Error - shoudl have been $399), Dean ML Black Bolt for $59, 10 pack of D'Addario's for $12.99, Visual Sound Double Trouble for $75 from Amazon, $45 Son of hyde (love this pedal) and Bugera V5 for $99.

From the previous year, the two best I can think of are the TKL SG case for $29 shipped and the Tascam DP004 for $30 or $40 (don't remember anymore).

Dude. You are good at this.

• Members
  • Members

Where and how was that? I think I might need soon a good case (for a good price).

It was a score from the m123 123% pricematch bonanza. Amazon had them for about $50 and the price difference was big enough to bring it to under $30. My advice is to keep yours eyes on Amazon..got some good deals on cases there.

• Members

My advice is to keep yours eyes on Amazon..got some good deals on cases there.

I assume the big sales are over for a while, but I'll keep an eye out.

But better figure out first which case I need... Gotta be good for flights as carry-on, yet survive the potential inescapable check in, without leaving rattling room for the guitar.

• Members

I assume the big sales are over for a while, but I'll keep an eye out.

But better figure out first which case I need... Gotta be good for flights as carry-on, yet survive the potential inescapable check in, without leaving rattling room for the guitar.

The Musicians Gear cases are good for the money - they start @ $39 (was $49 not to long ago) I just got two and added a few items to get over $99 and got MF to price match GC's $20 off $99 coupon.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stringed-instrument-cases-gigbags-covers#fT=2010:Musician%2527s+Gear&gP=1&pS=20&v=g&sB=bS&lP=c&catId=site1LFM

Archived