Dec Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was doing my absolute best to resist, but a price that just would not go up, though I was hoping in vain that it would, and five excellent reviews at Amazon written by people whose opinion I trust (all forum members)--has caused me to surrender to the temptation: my first guitar with active pickups (Monica, it was your comment about the pickups' versatility that swayed me), the Schecter Damien Special.

Mine just came in, and I do not think you will be disappointed. What a fine instrument! I think it is the "Deal of the Year" for me!

• Members

Mine just came in, and I do not think you will be disappointed. What a fine instrument! I think it is the "Deal of the Year" for me!

What was last year's DotY?

Mine arrived too. Something like 2 or a bit more days for free shipping. Quicker than usual?

• Members

Mine arrived too. Something like 2 or a bit more days for free shipping. Quicker than usual?

I just got the one I ordered Monday with prime, so I'd say you did good. The guitar is as described and as expected. Just played it a bit. I really like the pickups. It's a sexy beast! I feel a bit glutinous admitting I have another coming tomorrow. The guitar is gorgeous, plays great and is worth every penny X 2.

• Members

I do not remember - last year we had the 23% price match, so the deals were rolling in - I'll have to check my records.

• Members

I just got the one I ordered Monday with prime, so I'd say you did good. The guitar is as described and as expected. Just played it a bit. I really like the pickups. It's a sexy beast! I feel a bit glutinous admitting I have another coming tomorrow. The guitar is gorgeous, plays great and is worth every penny X 2.

Twins - I Like it!!

• Members

I do not remember - last year we had the 23% price match, so the deals were rolling in - I'll have to check my records.

Best deal I got last year with the 23% match was a Gibson Historic 57RI for about $2000. $2399 at MF, $3899 at m123, $2054 with price match.

I think most people were loading up on Snark tuners and Stage Ninjas if I recall correctly...

• Members

I dont want it but I ordered one for my nephew. However, I am now having second thoughts

as these are made in Indonesia. I am not impressed at all with Schecters Indonesian guitars.

The Korean ones are a different story.

I got mine today and gotta say I am blown away by the quality and the sound.

Your nephew should be a happy camper.

• Members

I dont want it but I ordered one for my nephew. However, I am now having second thoughts

as these are made in Indonesia. I am not impressed at all with Schecters Indonesian guitars.

Quit beng a {censored}ing corksniffer and just pull the trigger for your "nephew" Harold. Unless you are just trolling on this one. The Amazon deal was a steal, the deal you claim on the elite is just stupid good.

• Members

You don't want it, feel free to pm me the link. I'd buy it in a second at that price.

• Members

I caved in too. All of the excellent reviews have been increasing the want factor. I really like Jackson necks, which are D-shaped....and people were describing this guitar as having a D shape and that's what pushed me over the edge. I would rather it had a 43mm nut width, but oh well.

Schecters are awesome guitars regardless of price. One of the best guitar companies going right not, in my opinion. I have two (c-1 classic and Solo 6 Special) and the build quality is top notch. They sound fantastic. And they look cool as hell. I would have bought this one too but I don't like active pickups. You'll love it.

• Members

Schecters are awesome guitars regardless of price. One of the best guitar companies going right not, in my opinion. I have two (c-1 classic and Solo 6 Special) and the build quality is top notch. They sound fantastic. And they look cool as hell. I would have bought this one too but I don't like active pickups. You'll love it.

I had a blackjack. Loved it, great guitar. But it came with the Blackjack21 on the 12th fret (not in the sales pic). Way too blingy. It had to go. Bought my kid a Schecter Sunset with an FR on a SDOTD, a bitch for me to set up right, but a very decent guitar. Gave my kid an Omen, it was actually very nice. This Damien Special we got is sweet. A few year back, I actually had looked at the old bat inlay model with the cheaper EMGs. I really like their guitars. I think of them as Michael Kelly quality metal guitars. Well built, good hardware and setup. Sometimes very reasonable price. A ton of fun to pick up and play. This one is a keeper.

• Members

Just ordered one of the Schecter's. I'd been avoiding it but caved. I've always wanted an EMG loaded guitar since selling the only LTD I had shortly. This guitar will fill the void.

For the music I play, it won't be used live. But that's ok, I really wanted a guitar setup for Drop C for certain recording situations at home.

Archived