Dec Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS*

Frets99

• Members

Gibson offers the 57s in Alnico 2 and Alnico 3 versions.

Vintage Set with Alnico 2s:

Vintage Hot Set comes with Alnico 3s:

Not sure what is 'scratch-n-dent' about them, but it isn't the Alnico 3s.

I googled the model number and found a link to The Music Zoo where it states that they have roughcast A3 magnets and the covers have "incredibly small blemishes". They are also nickel and 2 conductor. If they were gold and 4 conductor, I'd probably buy a set.......want some different pickups in my Explorer.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amazon is dealing it out with both barrels!

Annnnd another crazy deal on a high-end Godin.
Godin Freeway SA-Synth Access
for 50% off, $524.95, only 2 left.

31OAnmszRXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Saw this very late last night. Probably should have bought one because they are back up in price today. But I just don't know enough about Godin. I did find that it's a bolt-on. Wonder what the nut width and neck shape is? Also, where is it made? I might keep an eye out to see if they go on sale again.

• Members

Saw this very late last night. Probably should have bought one because they are back up in price today. But I just don't know enough about Godin. I did find that it's a bolt-on. Wonder what the nut width and neck shape is? Also, where is it made? I might keep an eye out to see if they go on sale again.

Same here, I wasn't too sure about pulling trigger

• Members

Are there any codes for MF other than reallywant12 that are valid today?

Looks like they killed them all yesterday. I was getting an extra 8% on top of the 15% until about 24 hours ago, but is gone now and nothing else seems to work.

I tried 'bonussavings' and it lets me add it, but shows $0 for the discount. Maybe it works for some brands, but I haven't found any (I also haven't looked that hard).

• Members

Godins are made in the US and Canada. It's a Canadian company.

• Members

I don't really know about this particular model, but in general this quote from their website applies: "Godin guitars are assembled in our Richmond, Quebec and Berlin, New Hampshire factories. The necks and bodies are all made in our original location in La Patrie, Quebec." I assume that means the electronics and hardware are all sourced from off-shore. I have the LGX-SA which I paid a lot more for than the temporary deal on Amazon and I really like it.

The synth access alone is worth the price of admission if you ever plan on using something like the Roland GR-55. I would have definitely jumped on that for the discounted price, but I swore off any more guitar deals for the rest of the year.

Speaking of which, this is a pretty good deal at Hello Music right now. I can't get the HM25OFF to work anymore for me, but others here have reported it still works. It may only let you use the code once per logged-in id. That brings this down to almost what I paid for it in a group buy when they first came out.

Roland GR-55 w/ GK-3 pickup $634 after HM25OFF + shipping at Hello Music

SVPHWGIN0897AYWRCZDGB79U4AYUVQ.jpg

• Members

I never could get the 8% + 15% to work, but friend5 and reallywant12 are indeed currently stacking for a net discount of 19.25%. I get it to work on PRS, Schecter, Godin, ESP, & Line 6. I haven't checked other brands. If you missed out on the Damien Special at Amazon, you can get an Elite for $338.48 and have four colors to choose from.

• Members

I have a set of these. They are made with alnico 3 magnets instead of alnico 2. I think that's why they are scratch and dent. There was nothing else wrong with the pickups. They sound great.

I tried the price match at m123 and got excuse #217:

"I am unable to match that price as they are not an exact match because the model numbers are not the same. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

But they were nice enough to offer me a quote of $227.99 (which is their regular price).

They may be morons, but at least they're consistent...

• Members

I never could get the 8% + 15% to work, but friend5 and reallywant12 are indeed currently stacking for a net discount of 19.25%. I get it to work on PRS, Schecter, Godin, ESP, & Line 6. I haven't checked other brands. If you missed out on the Damien Special at Amazon, you can get an Elite for $338.48 and have four colors to choose from.

Here is a good one!

Schecter Guitar Research Hellraiser Special Solo-6 Electric Guitar $322 (W/ STACK)

Black Cherry

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/schecter-guitar-research-hellraiser-special-solo-6-electric-guitar/h64905000001000

• Members
Got a price match for 223.00 on that
Damien Elite
from M123

What, they matched the custom-model-with-price-not-listed at Amazon with an Elite?

Someone talk me out of it Fast!
:facepalm:

You could always open a store.

• Members

the hellraiser special solo 6 is also made in korea vs indonesia for the damien special..

Meowy, I know you just bought one made in indonesia, so I can see how you can interpret this post incorrectly. I'm just pointing this out since it isn't exactly clear on MF's website (or schecter's for that matter) where different models in schecter's line are sourced from. Some people prefer Korean over Indonesia, and prefer MIJ over Korea, etc etc. Just trying to share some info for buyers who care about country of origin.

Archived