People in the drum forum are having a go at us guitarists!

Mr Songwriter

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
they can talk whatever smack they want. they're usually right. yeah, sometimes they're insane and should practice to a metronome more often. but we're just dime-a-dozen guitarists while they're in 8 bands at the same time. so talk {censored} if it makes you feel better. they've got the last laugh.

I think you're taking this way too seriously.

thumbnail10.jpg

• Members

I haven't had all these strange experiences with drummers that some of you seem to have. The drummers I've known have been outstanding musicians, and in many ways, better than the other people present.

I've known a lot of inept, jerk ass drummers. The one I work with currently is a really nice guy and amazingly good player. Would be late to his own funeral, but still a keeper.

• Members

The only thing my life is really lacking is having access to a good drummer.

As a guitarist and a bass player I've played with a lot of different guys on drums. When you get a guy who can really play it's like an epiphany, especially if you wright your own music. One of the best days of my life was when I got to run though all of my personal songs with a guy who was a 20 year drum instructor. It was amazing to hear my music like that. Personally, I love drummers, good ones that is.

• Members

I've known a lot of inept, jerk ass drummers. The one I work with currently is a really nice guy and amazingly good player. Would be late to his own funeral, but still a keeper.

and guitarists aren't {censored}bags? I've known more {censored}bag douche guitar players than drummers. I almost can't think of a guitar player who isn't a douche, but both my good drummer pals have kicked ass.

• Members

and guitarists aren't {censored}bags? I've known more {censored}bag douche guitar players than drummers. I almost can't think of a guitar player who isn't a douche, but both my good drummer pals have kicked ass.

Note: I'm a bass player.

• Members

I haven't had all these strange experiences with drummers that some of you seem to have. The drummers I've known have been outstanding musicians, and in many ways, better than the other people present.

You have been fortunate. Most of them speed up or slow down. That being said, the most successful bands I was in, had solid drummers.

• Members

and you don't think there are lots of asshole {censored}ty guitarists out there? let's be honest.

I was trying to show how important drummers are to a band. A good drummer should find the groove and help his bandmates find it as well. The groove or 'pocket' is everything. Lots of {censored}ty guitarists out there. Guys that play too loud, can't play in time or in tune or simply don't listen and react to his fellow mates. In my experience though, there were a lot more good guitarists around than top notch drummers. Maybe it's just my experience?

Archived