May 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS

deanmass

• Members

That's not a bad deal for what you are getting,Alot of the stuff on the Amp I probably would not bother with but the price is right.

Anyone have one of these? In general they seem to get good feedback from what I have seen.

But yeah I have one- this is the reply I was starting to send yesterday:

Wow, that's a good deal! I'm at work right now and don't have my "GAS spreadsheet" handy, but I do recall I paid more than that for mine (probably closer to 3). Mine is the "blues" edition which has a cool Tweed look to it.

they also have the jam tracks more tailored to the blues. BUT!! That's just the cosmetics and downloads. The new series (whichever style version) has the FUSE technology so you can go onto the website/community and download a lot of different tracks and transform any G Dec 3 Thirty to having the same (or better) backing tracks. The stock tone is a bit disappointing from G-DECs (not even quite Mustang I caliber) but can be made a bit better with a speaker upgrade (I knew that buying this new one) but mine sounds quite good if I use the line out into my Kustom 15 PA. That makes a world of difference to the quality of the tone. Now my caveat is that I am a home hobbyist, so take my thoughts with that grain of salt. But jamming along with varied tracks with all those preset varied effects provides me with a very good practice tool. So I'd say that for the price, that's close to a no-brainer, but don't expect a great sound out of it unless you can reinforce its output with a powered PA or similar.

If you take the plunge, let me know what you think! :wave:

So in summary to the above, I do really like mine for practicing and honing my skills within the different genres that the programs will throw at you. I've also bought several of the Hal Leonard G-Dec books that come with the backing track program cards and tablature (here's an example http://www.musiciansfriend.com/books-videos-music/hal-leonard-fender-g-dec-hard-rock-guitar-play-along-songbook-sd-card/h76416000000000 ) I think I've bought about 5 of those from varied artists, Hendrix, Clapton, CCR, Tom Petty, etc and the backing tracks are very good on them.

But I would also emphasize that it is good to have the additional sound reinforcement to connect your G-Dec 3 Thirty to improve the quality of the tone. I'm using that rather inexpensive Kustom 15 which is 100W powered, but it only cost $130 shipped. That really makes it sound as good as many other more expensive amps I've bought. The 15" woofer gives it a lot of depth and warmth. Without that line out, my enthusiasm for the product would be significantly diminished since the tone by itself is kinda small and boxy. But opened up with sound reinforcement, it's a whole other experience.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But yeah I have one- this is the reply I was starting to send yesterday:

If you take the plunge, let me know what you think!
:wave:

Thanks for that feedback I appreciate it,I was/am going to try one out and use it mostly for teaching,I have a few students

I give lessons to and the amps they usually bring are not great but thought this would be a helpful tool and fun at the same time.

Tone is important to me and if it takes a speaker swap to help that I can do that,Or use a cab.

I have used the Fuse software before with very good results on a Mustang II so I am hoping something close anyway.

Should have it next week and will try it out,But for 150 it really a good deal and if its of typical Fender quality I would likely keep it around,If not I can just send it back no big deal.

So thanks.:thu:

• Members

Thanks for that feedback I appreciate it,I was/am going to try one out and use it mostly for teaching,I have a few students

I give lessons to and the amps they usually bring are not great but thought this would be a helpful tool and fun at the same time.

Tone is important to me and if it takes a speaker swap to help that I can do that,Or use a cab.

I have used the Fuse software before with very good results on a Mustang II so I am hoping something close anyway.

Should have it next week and will try it out,But for 150 it really a good deal and if its of typical Fender quality I would likely keep it around,If not I can just send it back no big deal.

So thanks.
:thu:

The last G-Dec I had (also a Thirty but a previous generation without Fuse and less sophisticated backing tracks) really benefited quite a bit from an Eminence Copperhead speaker swap.

• Members
Ibanez Artcore AS73 Electric Guitar for $299. I'm in the market for an electric guitar. How does this guitar compare to the Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster?

They are two totally different guitars. One is a ES 335 clone and the other is a Telecaster. It depends on what kind of sound you are looking for and your personal preferences. I have no problems recommending anything in the Artcore line. They are very well made guitars. I can say the same thing about CV Teles.

• Members

Ibanez Artcore AS73 Electric Guitar for $299. I'm in the market for an electric guitar. How does this guitar compare to the Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster?

Two guitars that are quite different. The Artcore is a semi hollow 335 style guitar. The Squire Tele is well, a Tele and that one is a solid body I think. Apples and oranges. Frankly, one needs to own both types.

• Members

Two guitars that are quite different. The Artcore is a semi hollow 335 style guitar. The Squire Tele is well, a Tele and that one is a solid body I think. Apples and oranges.
Frankly, one needs to own both types.

The only logical answer. :thu:

• Members

AS73 is a 12" neck radius with a set neck and the CV tele's what? 9.5 with a bolt on? That may or may not matter to you. Humbucker vs single coil twang too...

I have the Artcore. It's a great guitar.

I called GC and got them to sell me my AS73 for $300 back in Feb. It took a lot of negotiating to get them to knock the 25% off. That's a pretty good deal to just get it with a coupon code!

Archived