May 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS

deanmass

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That looks like the generic stand Guitar Center sells cheap. Mine does the job just fine and the little rubber strap does keep the guitar from falling out. Looks cheap as {censored} all, tho.

• Members

Any idea how these stands are? The single review at Amazon is negative:
http://www.amazon.com/Profile-GS100RD-Guitar-Stand/product-reviews/B004FGMBNY/

BTW, any thoughts on stands with neck support, like the above, versus A-frame stands?

I hate these types of stands. They wear out quickly, and are not nearly as stable as most of the stands that hold guitars by the headstock, imo. I wouldn't trust my $1000 guitar on a $4 stand...:idk:

• Members

I didn't buy the guitar but I tested the code. It works for me. Maybe it's a cookie problem.
:idk:

I wondered about that. Thanks for the tip PK. I did use that code once already, as well. I'd say to anyone interested, if there is a will. there is way, to make it work. That would make it about $360 shipped. I don't mind paying HM's very reasonable shipping fee, but I am really trying to have some restraint. I'll pass for now. And regret it later.

• Members

I thought about the $360 Fender Standard Telecaster but I read that the Squier Classic Vibe 50s Telecaster was better. I don't know if that is the consensus or not.

There's no consensus. I pick up my MIM stds more often than the CV custom.

• Members

There's no consensus. I pick up my MIM stds more often than the CV custom.

It probably will come down to personal preference. The feel of the neck in the sound of electronics.

• Members

hellomusic has Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 5 Head for $314 shipped with HM20NEW

ITVKHL9QZPZ87Q0VI03U30C7AVEJK91.jpg

I didn't know tubemeister comes in 5 watt as well.

What's the verdict on the series? they just look too cool with the blue lights.

• Members

hellomusic has Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 5 Head for $314 shipped with HM20NEW

ITVKHL9QZPZ87Q0VI03U30C7AVEJK91.jpg

I didn't know tubemeister comes in 5 watt as well.

What's the verdict on the series? they just look too cool with the blue lights.

I also didn't know about the 5 watter but the regular Tubemeister is pretty darn great. I play with a guy that has one. He just bought and then returned a $1200+ booteeky head because it didn't sound that much better than his Tubemeister. I would be all over one but those blue lights actually wreak havoc on my brain. Seriously freak me out.

• Members

I also didn't know about the 5 watter but the regular Tubemeister is pretty darn great. I play with a guy that has one. He just bought and then returned a $1200+ booteeky head because it didn't sound that much better than his Tubemeister. I would be all over one but those blue lights actually wreak havoc on my brain. Seriously freak me out.

lol sounds promising, but I must resist... I've bought bunch of gear last month and I really don't need another amp...

• Members

How long does hellomusic usually take to ship?

My experiences have been good. 4-5 days. Though I have heard some folks say 2 weeks or so. If the item shows in stock when you buy I would say you should get it pretty quick. They have never sent me any tracking info on anything I have purchased.

Edit: I meant shipped to my door in 4-5 days.

• Members

I'd rather go with the Blackstar HT-5RH. Same tube layout, with Effects Loop, Stereo Reverb, footswitchable 2-channels, same price w/ haggling ($314.99 w/ code cinco2012 @ MF). Two different simulated speaker emulations. Reputedly better cleans on the HT-5RH. The H&K TM5 is a completely different animal from the TM18w version, that one is pretty awesome (at the one day only HM $420 price).

DV016_Jpg_Large_483560_front.jpg

Archived