May 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS

deanmass

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am wondering if the trans black finish looks more like black or like it does here where it almost looks brown?

1321699998_63.jpg

The pic on Hello Music looks more like a plain black which I prefer than the brown stain look.

34si4x3.jpg

Which is more realistic in person?

• Members

The HM pics looks more plain black, the other pics I see on the web look like a brown stain. The HM pic doesn't look like a stain at all. I don't mind transparent finishes but the pic I see sort of look like a picnic table that was stained with formbys and I don't care for that look. If it was mostly black with the grain showing a little then I might not mind. I don't see any other pics looking like the HM pics though.

• Members

Ok thanks I will have to pass on this then. I already have the Squier Classic tele with p90s and it is ok but it does feel cheap. Since the Fender is MIC, I'm not sure it will be much different than the one I already own and am not overly impressed with.

• Members

Ok thanks I will have to pass on this then. I already have the Squier Classic tele with p90s and it is ok but it does feel cheap. Since the Fender is MIC, I'm not sure it will be much different than the one I already own and am not overly impressed with.

Somebody was impressed, Trans Black is sold out. SB is still available. Squiers are mostly Made in Indonesia and have different dimensions than their Fender counterparts. I personally really like the Tele necks that come from Indonesia, e.g. Squier '51.

• Members

The Squier 51 was a cool guitar but the neck was the worst part of that guitar. I think I sold mine for $40 with the tuners.

You had a bad one. The neck on this is awesome! I had 3 and sold each one for $150-$190. Really wish I had kept one.

• Members

My VHT Lead 20 combo arrived from Hello Music yesterday. For $327 shipped it is a no-brainer.:thu:

2 useable channels. FX Loop switchable from series to parallel. Accutronics reverb tank. Celestion Heritage 30 watt speaker. Solid as all get out, too, with the birch finger-jointed cabinet.

This is a hell of a lot of amp for just over $300!:thu:

• Members

The neck width was narrow and the fret ends were sticking out both sides and running your hand down the neck you get sharp edges. This was par for course and was one of the most mentioned complaints about the 51. I sold the neck for $40 but I kept the body and all the electronics.

You had a bad one. The neck on this is awesome! I had 3 and sold each one for $150-$190. Really wish I had kept one.

• Members

My VHT Lead 20 combo arrived from Hello Music yesterday. For $327 shipped it is a no-brainer.
:thu:

2 useable channels. FX Loop switchable from series to parallel. Accutronics reverb tank. Celestion Heritage 30 watt speaker. Solid as all get out, too, with the birch finger-jointed cabinet.

This is a hell of a lot of amp for just over $300!
:thu:

Wow it has the Heritage G12H30 greenback not the anniversary G12H model?

Archived