May 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!<<READTHIS

deanmass

• Members

May 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>>NoSpamAllowed!!

LET THERE BE HELLLLLOOOOOO MUSIC! WOOT!

Post all hot deals here, but no SPAM. SPAM is for the other thread. This is for insane blow out deals that you find online and want to share with your fellow GASsers.

If you see a blowout on Music123 on Les Pauls for $99, yes, this is where you post that info, etc.

You can post eBay links you see too, but the eBay links have to be Buy It Nows, not something that is at $1 and still has 10 days left in the auction.

The RULES:

1) NO CRAIGSLIST POSTS IN THIS THREAD!

2) NO WHINING ABOUT DISCUSSIONS IN THE THREAD!

Last month we tried a separate discussion thread, but it's just too cumbersome to have a separate thread, so there won't be one anymore.

From my observations, the majority of people like to talk about the deals in order to decide if they want to buy something. There's typically just a few loud members constantly complaining about the discussions. As long as the discussions are related to the item in question, then the discussion can stay in this thread. If someone starts whining and causes a big flame war about "too much talking" they are going to get a temp ban. Everybody participating in any flame war in this thread will get a temp ban. Just behave yourselves! There is more to life than this internet thready thing.

3) All new deals must be posted in RED! Or at least the TITLE OF THE DEAL.

That will help people be able to filter though the pages of discussion and the actual deal posts will pop right out.

4) Your personal SPAM is not allowed in this thread. If you post SPAM in here, you will get a temp ban. Then no one will be able to buy your crappy gear.

I repeat - NO SPAM in this thread. That means NO TRADES, NO OFFERS, no selling or getting rid of your own stuff. There's one SPAM thread already for that stuff.

And as, alway: there is no whining, bitching, complaining or tantrums allowed in this thread. This thread is only for discussing the hot deals. If you missed a hot deal or you hate Musicians Friend, post about it in an outside thread.

If you buy something in the hot deals thread, and you love it, or hate it, or it bit you in the ass, then post a separate thread about it, this thread ain't for heated discussion.

Bring em if ya got em!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice! May have to go after the 30...I think GASman here on teh forum has one...

That's not a bad deal for what you are getting,Alot of the stuff on the Amp I probably would not bother with but the price is right.

Anyone have one of these? In general they seem to get good feedback from what I have seen.

• Members

Since I am not a moderator or an admin, I just dropped that Hello Music thing in due to the last set of posts about 'do we really need to post HM stuff in here. I actually thought about posting an exclusion to the 'Secret Store' since not everyone gets these....But, especially last month, there was a lot of Hello Music stuff posted, and most of get the emails, and if you don't you should by now.

• Members

The Hello Music stuff is fine except that many of the deals I find are in the HM Secret Store and are not readily advertised. I'll continue posting them as necessary.

Sounds good to me.

• Members

I don't read any of the emails. Too much spam in my life as it is. I rely on this thread to clue me in to the really good deals. Sometimes Hello Music (or M123) or whomever gets a lot of posting. If I see many posts commenting on the great deal I'll take a look. I appreciate the heads up. Don't really care about the run of the mill but a HOT DEAL heck yeah.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I really don't follow prices of every possible accessory out there. I may do a quick google seach to check M123 / GC / Zzounds pricing, but that's about it.

• Members

I have purchased about $2.5K worth of gear from Hello Music over the past 18 months.

Yet I have never been sent an email from Hello Music with an invite URL link to see the "Secret Store" ??

Please post these secret store deals since mere mortals - or valued Hello Music customers cant seem to to navigate the HM site to find these deals.

(EDIT: seems to be a Facebook thing

http://www.facebook.com/hellomusic?filter=3

Suggest bookmark and check these URL links below daily -as the secret deals change all the time.

http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/Home.aspx?cat=secretstore1

http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/Home.aspx?cat=secretstore2

http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/Home.aspx?cat=secretstore3

FWIW - I bit on the G-Dec3 thirty today for $148.99 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Thirty-Electric-Guitar-Amplifier/dp/B003660TU6/ref=pd_luc_sim_02_02_t_lh

I got the matching ULT-4 footpedal too for $50.34

http://www.amazon.com/Fender-Accesories-099-4070-000-Effects-Pedal/dp/B001JL4WUS/ref=pd_bxgy_MI_text_b

• Members

That's not a bad deal for what you are getting,Alot of the stuff on the Amp I probably would not bother with but the price is right.

Anyone have one of these? In general they seem to get good feedback from what I have seen.

I have the GDEC-30 (Blues Version) and it replaced my JamVox as my primary practice tool. The matching Hal Leonard books are pretty decent with good backing tracks and tabs. The included presets on the smartcard are okay sounding, defintiely good enough to figure out the riffs. I've used the external speaker more than the headphones, in spite of what I originally got it for. All of the specialty presets in the special edition versions can be downloaded from the Fender Fuse web site. That's a pretty good price from SamAsh, I think I read the GDEC is going out of production because of the super champ X2 and Mustangs.

• Members

I registered with HM over a year ago and have never received an e-mail from them. I usually link up from the HM post here only to find that something I really want (don't need) has already sold out. So reading HM deals posted here has and will continue to save me money.

• Members
Since I am not a moderator or an admin' date=' 'do we really need to post HM stuff in here./QUOTE']

Yes..yes we do...or rather others do...I don't get the emails...and since everyone can get the deals from all the online sources we might as well shut the whole thing down...there fixed. i don't get it..You are not a mod yet you are posting rules?

• Members

The Hello Music stuff is fine except that many of the deals I find are in the HM Secret Store and are not readily advertised. I'll continue posting them as necessary.

+1 - If it were just strings and cables and such, I might agree with the separate thread. But I have actually learned a lot from discussions about some of the gear listed on Hello Music. Especially the vintage stuff. Let

Archived