Legendary HCEG trolls

Fusion1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nobody's mentioned Darial/EVH_Rules/SplawnDarts/WayneVinson yet?

I remember WayneVinson! Yeah, he had a tendency to say some pretty nasty things about people! He riled up more than a few people. I haven't seen him around since like Oct. or Nov. 2008. I assume he got perma-banned?

• Members

How about GDEF (or something like that)? Every time some poor bastard would get a new Carvin, he'd come in and hijack the thread with a bunch of stuff about how Carvin had screwed him multiple times...

Nah, I wouldn't call him a troll. He does hate him some Carvin, though. I have to say that I agree with him on a lot of the problems he brings up about Carvin. I certainly am no longer a Carvin fanboy...

• Members

I haven't seen many trolls here but to tell you the truth I rarely come here anymore. It seems like HC started swinging the ban hammer pretty liberally within the last few years so there aren't many left. Probably just as well, there are some funny ones but most just waste oxygen.

• Members
Does anybody remember the troll shill who would attack you if you said anything good about the Tremol-No? Apparently, he made a product which was in direct competition to the T-No. Technically, he was a shill...but also a one dimensional troll IMO. I can't remember his name.

He would talk {censored} about every product like the Tremsetter or Tremol-No and then sing the praises of his product. If you liked any product other than his, he attack you. The problem for him was that he only posted in threads about tremolos, whammy bars, Tremsetters or Tremolo-No. I outed him one day. Before long, JJ, Pete and others were all over him. Then, he posted a rant that got him perma-banned. Epic!
:lol:

Yup, I totally remember that guy...:facepalm:

• Members

I haven't seen many trolls here but to tell you the truth
I rarely come here anymore
. It seems like HC started swinging the ban hammer pretty liberally within the last few years so there aren't many left. Probably just as well, there are some funny ones but most just waste oxygen.

Joined 2009 - am I missing something here? What was your old username?

Threads like this just show you how many members must lurk in these forums (including me, recently!) :D

Personally I only really remember batotman, who I didn't even know was a troll, and atomheartmother, who I definitely did.

Quite an interesting thread here.

edit: weird how steve_man with the blues brothers avi has sandwiched "BluesBrother"'s post...

• Members

Joined 2009 - am I missing something here? What was your old username?

Threads like this just show you how many members must lurk in these forums (including me, recently!)
:D

Personally I only really remember batotman, who I didn't even know was a troll, and atomheartmother, who I definitely did.

Quite an interesting thread here.

edit: weird how steve_man with the blues brothers avi has sandwiched "BluesBrother"'s post...

I've lurked on this and a few of the guitar sites for some time. I'd rather be playing guitar than talking about it and I haven't had much free time in the past.

That is weird...or cool I should say. We're on a mission from God!

• 3 years later...
  • Members

I've been here since the mid-90's (I quit playing for a long time due to health). I remember the software that the forum used back then seemed really...impermanent (I can't think of the right word but anyone that traded gear back then was a braver man than I). Didn't help that you could easily get 100 hotmail addresses and just rip unsuspecting people off.

• Members

I've been here since the mid-90's (I quit playing for a long time due to health). I remember the software that the forum used back then seemed really...impermanent (I can't think of the right word but anyone that traded gear back then was a braver man than I). Didn't help that you could easily get 100 hotmail addresses and just rip unsuspecting people off.

The Internet was a kinder, gentler place back then. No Paypal either! You'd buy (and send) things UPS COD. (that's Cash On Delivery to you youngins). Also the forum had much fewer people.

• Members

Nobody's mentioned Darial/EVH_Rules/SplawnDarts/WayneVinson yet?

Yeah, he was a classic! Used to get his new moniker ratted out in pretty short order.

I remember the others mentioned, and the SKYNET dude was kinda painful to watch.

I don't remember the name, but I remember during Agile fever, someone claiming they had data to support that an Agile was statistically inferior to a Les Paul or something. That was pretty entertaining to watch.

As long as there is the Internetz, there will be individuals who live to argue about anything...

• Members

I don't remember the name, but I remember during Agile fever, someone claiming they had data to support that an Agile was statistically inferior to a Les Paul or something. That was pretty entertaining to watch.

I believe that may have been LOGE. There was quite a long thread he had going about quantifying Gibson vs Agile, then one day he started deleting his posts and was never heard from again (as far as I know).

• Members

I'm back for a visit and this thread makes me remember stuff.

I really hated when they banned batotman. He was the main entertainer of HCEG and he knew it. If you just didn't take all his rants seriously (as he himself didn't), you were in for a lot of laugh. Can't really compare him to the likes of Cold_Gin, iansmitchell and atomheartmother. Those were in it just to make people feel bad.

Also, I think nobody mentioned the bacon-on-fretboard thread which was second only to the les-paul-in-a-pond..

• Members

I really hated when they banned batotman. He was the main entertainer of HCEG and he knew it. If you just didn't take all his rants seriously (as he himself didn't), you were in for a lot of laugh. Can't really compare him to the likes of Cold_Gin, iansmitchell and atomheartmother. Those were in it just to make people feel bad.

Also, I think nobody mentioned the bacon-on-fretboard thread which was second only to the les-paul-in-a-pond..

Oh god, ians, with the countless alts, I thought it would never stop

• Members

I really hated when they banned batotman
. He was the main entertainer of HCEG and he knew it. If you just didn't take all his rants seriously (as he himself didn't), you were in for a lot of laugh.

Why was he banned? The kid was funny.

Archived