I'm done with Les Pauls - NEVER again!

GAS Man

• Members

I used to have a vintage L6S. Believe it or not, I sold it because I thought it was somewhat redundant to the one Les Paul Studio I already owned. That was before I lost my mind. :lol: It's one that I wish I'd kept.

It looked a lot like this one (but of course had its stock p'ups)

30U-14543_front.jpg

• Members

^^ I'm a bit more fond of the '60s slim myself. But frankly, although I love luv the looks of LPs, tone-wise I think I'm actually a bit more of an SG fanboy for their "spankier" tone. But one thing I've learned by buying too many LPs, there is a lot of tonal variation among them. Some are fairly dark and deep sounding and some are more vibey/sparkly sounding.

I have one EC-400 as well. It's a raw rocker - Custom V and Jazz p'ups.

69ThinlineESPEC-400001.jpg

• Members

IMG_0171-1.jpg

17's my limit. My '59 RI was supposed to be the one to end all, but you can see what happened after that last family photo.

Let's see yours!

I still have my SDOTD DC's as well...I was playing the white top last night...kickass guitar.

You are sick dude! but wtf....Enjoy

• Members

I used to have a vintage L6S. Believe it or not, I sold it because I thought it was somewhat redundant to the one Les Paul Studio I already owned. That was before I lost my mind.
:lol:
It's one that I wish I'd kept.

It looked a lot like this one (but of course had its stock p'ups)

30U-14543_front.jpg

I still have mine, though after getting a PRS SE Wide/Fat neck it really gets little playtime.

IMG_8311.jpg

• Members

I entered this thread thinking a neck break....and then I find wall to wall LP's!
:lol:

You NEED a Strat and a Tele....oh and a ES335. So you should see a few LP's and become more diverse tonally.
:p

That's 2 more threads :lol: 11 Fender Strats, 13 Teles, 1 335 and 1 339, plus some Squier copies, Godin copy and 2 Jackson Superstrats also in the house. :eek:

• Members

Lovely collection.
:thu:
I has no Les Pauls.
:(

It's funny how I go back and forth. Strat love, LP love, SG love, etc. I think if I could still to this day have only one electric guitar, it would be a strat. But their are some LPs out there that are chimey and vibey enough to possibly even make you a temporary convert Doc ;)

Thanks

Archived