Sep 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tube Depot is having a Fall sale on several items. Ends September 17th at midnight. This web link is most likely from some ad agency, but it will show you what items are on sale.

http://preview.cmail3.com/t/ViewEmail/j/530BB197C16F198C/B9799C3157ABF08BD9767B6002735221

http://tubedepot.com/

As an example, JAN GE 12AX7 preamp tubes are $40.

nos-12ax7-jange.132610.jpg

JJ Rectifier tubes JJ 5U4GB and JJ GZ34 / 5AR4 are on sale for $10 & $11.

jj-5u4gb.132158.jpgjj-gz34.130447.jpg

• Members

I had a Korean C1 + that was very nice. Great build and finish quality. A really nice player. I will say this one had the PUP's replaced with SD's. So I can't really comment on the stock PUP's.

Had that model, agree with this assessment.

Did have stock pups, which were weak, but that was an easy fix.

• Members

Not sure how good these are, but I've loved some of the G&L's I've played. Anyone have experience with this model? It seems most other places deep it for $500+

Hope Hello Music is still cool to post here

That's a new direction for G&L, but I bet it's a great guitar. Scant few reviews or videos of it out there. ProGuitar has some nice pics of the Trans Red HERE

• Members

USED DANELECTRO DOUBLE NECK 6/12 STRING $399.99

108171755_lg.jpg

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm

Condition: 5 stars

Used item: 108171755

Available In: Guitar Center Salem
Telephone: (503) 304-0923
Manager: Brandon Johnson

These don't show up often and this is not much more than they were selling for 8-ish years ago. They only did the double's on the first [Korean] run of reissues. Super build quality, super-sweet alnico lipstick pickups and great 12-string jangle.

• Members

Dean Michael Amott Guitar, Tyrant Bloodstorm with Case $300 ($900 everywhere else)

disclaimer: read the reviews on Amazon and 3 people got jobbed by M123 by getting a different model. It looks like they all returned them but the seller on this one is Amazon and with their great service on returns, I wouldn't worry about geting your money back should they make the same mistake that M123 did with the cheaper model. It could be worth the roll of the dice to you:

http://www.amazon.com/Dean-Michael-Guitar-Tyrant-Bloodstorm/dp/B002DGS87G/ref=sr_1_14?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1347640945&sr=1-14

That thing is hideous (imo) or I'd consider it..

• Members

If you are looking for a explorer/sg/flying v melody maker, Amazon has had them drop as low as $250 in the past couple weeks. I saw an explorer drop that low while the board was down last week. There is an SG and Explorer for $290 right now and they will continue to drop until somebody buys them. There are also some warehouse deals on those for "used like new".

• Members

Any Hello Music promo codes floating around? I want to hit the Line 6 HD500 unless people think it will go lower still but lately it's been around $425 - $450 and it's at $398. The shipping is almost $30 on the thing though, so any promo code would basically be paying for the shipping charge.

• Members

disclaimer: read the reviews on Amazon and 3 people got jobbed by M123 by getting a different model. It looks like they all returned them but the seller on this one is Amazon and with their great service on returns, I wouldn't worry about geting your money back should they make the same mistake that M123 did with the cheaper model. It could be worth the roll of the dice to you:

http://www.amazon.com/Dean-Michael-Guitar-Tyrant-Bloodstorm/dp/B002DGS87G/ref=sr_1_14?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1347640945&sr=1-14

That thing is hideous (imo) or I'd consider it..

It kind of sucks when you go from this
Kind of sucks when you go from this
DAP_5897.jpg
To that.
that dean isn't enticing at all!

• Members

^^ Those are great deals at that price. I bought the blues edition for myself a while ago, and recently picked up that one at that pricing (just a hair less actually) for my son. You could still shave off that "hair" by having Zzounds beat the price. That would probably get it down to around $146 :lol:

But they are a great practice amp for jamming along with the backing tracks and all the dial up presets coax me to play in tone settings I wouldn't otherwise conjure up. I've also bought most of the Hal Leonard G-Dec music books that come with the G-Dec computer cards for backing tracks for the songs in the books. And those are actually pretty good.

• Members

Plus shipping!

Gives a message about "due to size, additional shipping costs may apply"

:(

I didn't see that there are additional shipping costs, and I guess I should apologize for that. However, in that the item is (at least, ostensibly) 443.00 less than MF's regular price, shipping costs would have to be outrageous to put a dent in the rather sizable discount.

As an experiment, I calculated shipping to my zipcode, and the result was that shipping costs would be $33.15, so the discount would still be $410.00.

Archived