Sep 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Epi Wiltshire $199

Thanks for posting!

Got a pricematch at Zzounds for $202 which is actually cheaper for me since they don't charge tax or $0.99 shipping. It is also a cool silver color from them. So it is either Ec256 or Wilshire. Both have splittable humbuckers, mahogany body and rosewood board.

• Members

So I had one of those Wileshire Pros. It was OK. PUPs were pretty decent. Build was OK, but not great. If you got around $200 to blow look at the DBZs at WMS. Fantastic guitars for the money.

Thanks for the breakdown, Woody.

What did you think of the neck carve on the Wiltshire? And on the DBZs?

• Members

I haven't followed this guitar, so i don't know what special prices might have been offered along the way; but a quick check now leads me to believe that the standard price is 799.00. So, with that it mind...

WTD02660023.jpg

Only 1 in stock.

http://www.interstatemusic.com/Deals.aspx

That's a deal. Thanks a lot, Cobalt! I would not have seen it without your post. The standard price is technically $849 but there are still some stragglers at the original $799 release price.

MF sent me a 20% offer today and was going to order one of these! Instead, I got a near price match through Zzounds, whom I prefer to order through.

• Members

That's a deal. Thanks a lot, Cobalt! I would not have seen it without your post. The standard price is technically $849 but there are still some stragglers at the original $799 release price.

MF sent me a 20% offer today and was going to order one of these! Instead, I got a near price match through Zzounds, whom I prefer to order through.

Glad you saved some cash.

• Members

A few things of note:

Was at Sam Ash yesterday checking out the EC256 and saw that they had a few Explorer, SG and LP melody makers left in non-black colors for $299. They also sent me a 15% off coupon but didn't ask if they would take it on it because I already have one and don't need another. Wanted to throw that out there for anyone still interested in those who might have a Sam Ash nearby.

The also had this guitar for $699 incl's HSC. It looks like it was originally $999 so I'm not sure how good of a deal it is. I liked the way it played but not a big fan of the sound coming out of it plugged in.

Charvel Pro Mod Wild Card #6 Electric Guitar DV016_Jpg_Large_H74067.001_candy_tangeri

Lastly, I just called MF to try and use the 15% off coupon on the Epiphone Wilshire and got rejected. :( The guy on the phone did mention that they had both Fender Blacktop Jaguar HH Electric Guitar and the Fender Blacktop Jaguar B90 Electric Guitar on sale for $379. Again, not a screaming deal but almost 25% off (plus tax) the regular price.

• Members

How much $$$$ do you need to spend for them to send 20% OFF coupons? Seems like I buy a {censored} ton and never get coupons from them other than their standard 10%-12% off.

Man, I hope they don't send me a 20% offer. If they did, I'd be way too tempted to buy one of the Grace Potter flying Vs. That's the only guitar that has caught my attention recently.

Archived