Sep 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Members

I tried to use the 20% Off coupon on a Gibson Flying V. It didn't work, of course, so I chatted with Customer Service. The girl immediately offered a 15% off code which worked fine. Last time I tried calling about a discount on a Gibson the person I talked to said he might be able to give me 5% off. I guess I got lucky tonight!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tried to use the 20% Off coupon on a Gibson Flying V. It didn't work, of course, so I chatted with Customer Service. The girl immediately offered a 15% off code which worked fine. Last time I tried calling about a discount on a Gibson the person I talked to said he might be able to give me 5% off. I guess I got lucky tonight!

You need to call back or ask for a supervisor when that happens. There is no reason they should not have given you the 20% if you called.

• Members

GC Has Tradition LP on sale, with the Ebony at $1274.00, you have to ad to cart to get that price.

They have a code for $200 off, but it will tell you that it is invalid, and send you to chat. Tell the chat guy what you are doing, and they will give you a code for the $200 off, taking it down to $1174.00 including tax. This worked for me. The code is "SAVING200".

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Standard-Traditional-Pro-Electric-Guitar-581715-i1694983.gc

Enjoy!

• Members

GC Has Tradition LP on sale, with the Ebony at $1274.00, you have to ad to cart to get that price.

They have a code for $200 off, but it will tell you that it is invalid, and send you to chat. Tell the chat guy what you are doing, and they will give you a code for the $200 off, taking it down to $1174.00 including tax. This worked for me. The code is "SAVING200".

Enjoy!

Actually that $1174 total with tax will vary depending on where you live, but still an excellent deal either way.

It appears getting the code via chat is hit or miss, so you may have to try more than once or maybe call to get the $200 applied...

• Members

Enjoy!

Man I almost went a full month without buying any guitar gear:facepalm:

Thanks a lot:cry:

• Members

Enjoy!

Just tried it but they've caught on and aren't allowing it. Said $1,274 is their cost and no extra discount will be allowed... I tried online and over the phone.

• Members

Just tried it but they've caught on and aren't allowing it. Said $1,274 is their cost and no extra discount will be allowed... I tried online and over the phone.

Maybe, maybe not. I saw other similar reports much earlier today followed by numerous other success stories. You may have just got the wrong person when you tried...

• Members

In regards to the LP Pro, is anyone else getting the runaround from GC? My online order went through fine, however, I received two emails stating my credit Guitar Center Prefered Players card was declined, I called the HSBS and they said the card is fine, the suggested I contact GC which is who I phoned first, I called GC again and they suggested I call the card company back, I asked if I can use a different card, they said yes, however, they must cancel the original order...I said I will call them back later.

I don't like this, if they screwed up with the pricing just tell me, don't waste my time and claim my credit card is no good :(

• Members

I haven't had any issues with the LP Trad Pro purchase, but I had something similar happen last week with a PRS I bought from m123 with their card (also through HSBC).

I called HSBC and they said it was approved, called m123 and they said I needed to call the verification department. Called the verification department, they confirmed with HSBC that it was approved and authorized the transaction.

• Members

I haven't had any issues with the LP Trad Pro purchase, but I had something similar happen last week with a PRS I bought from m123 with their card (also through HSBC).

I called HSBC and they said it was approved, called m123 and they said I needed to call the verification department. Called the verification department, they confirmed with HSBC that it was approved and authorized the transaction.

I think I am having the exact issue, I will call m123 verification department as well, I believe they do not open until 9am pacific time...+ a few more cups of coffee in me will also be of help.

Thank you.

Archived