Nov 2012 Great Deals Thread - *READTHIS>>> NoSpamAllowed <<READTHIS

Frets99

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by D-log

View Post

Anyone having problems with M123's online price match? I've submitted 2 PM's for the Gibson 60's les Paul, but I still haven't heard back after 4 days

3 days when they usually only take a few hours...maybe they're waiting for the other retailers to sell out of whatever we're trying to get them to price match?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Drastion

View Post

I got my prs also was able to talk them into the tobacco burst. Feels very different in the hand but that's why I got it. Really trying to decide if its a keeper also.

Thats what i was supposed to get the Sunburst model..The black one I sent back was a perfectly setup player,Easy playing flat tapered neck with great fretwork,pups very hot and quiet and hardware seemed to be top notch with one exception..My only complaint on it would be the volume/tone pots but they would be easy to swap out.So great deal to whoever it was who put it up here.

• Members

View Post

Anyone having problems with M123's online price match? I've submitted 2 PM's for the Gibson 60's les Paul, but I still haven't heard back after 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by Puddintown

View Post

1 still "pending" - about a week now. No hope; item sold out.

1 still pending - from yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by bjcarl

View Post

3 days when they usually only take a few hours...maybe they're waiting for the other retailers to sell out of whatever we're trying to get them to price match?

I assure you this is not the case. Unfortunately, with how many calls and emails we've received over the past week, there is a backlog. If you have a price match request that can't wait, give us a call instead of sending an email.

Quote Originally Posted by eeddings

View Post

"you should be able to use them in conjunction with other codes"

Does this mean that they can be stacked if you have more than one 150% price match gift certificate, or do you mean with other codes like a 10% off promotion, etc.

Yes to both.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by chbaker

View Post

I assure you this is not the case. Unfortunately, with how many calls and emails we've received over the past week, there is a backlog. If you have a price match request that can't wait, give us a call instead of sending an email.

Yes to both.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Incorrect...the guitar I wanted to buy sold out-just got off the phone with Music123 and they won't honor the price guarantee frown.gif

They also claim that while M123 and MF are owned by the same company, Mr Baker has no affiliation with M123..?

• Members

View Post

View Post

Incorrect...the guitar I wanted to buy sold out-just got off the phone with Music123 and they won't honor the price guarantee frown.gif

I'm sorry to hear this. Was it in stock 3 days ago when you emailed? This exact scenario is why I recommend calling in if your email isn't responded to within our normal 24 turnaround. There's not much the staff is going to be able to do if the deal is no longer available by the time we respond. Shoot me an email at forums@musiciansfriend.com and I'll see what I can do to help you out. Sorry again that this happened.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

View Post

I'm sorry to hear this. Was it in stock 3 days ago when you emailed? This exact scenario is why I recommend calling in if your email isn't responded to within our normal 24 turnaround. There's not much the staff is going to be able to do if the deal is no longer available by the time we respond. Shoot me an email at forums@musiciansfriend.com and I'll see what I can do to help you out. Sorry again that this happened.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

It was in stock and still shows on a bizrate search...the really annoying thing is that Sam Ash still has them in stores, so they could've called a Sam Ash location to verify stock and price. As it stands, I'm just having the Sam Ash in Richmond ship it to me. It's still a bit of a bummer because I've always preferred to do business with M123/MF and sometimes I feel like I'm the only defender of Guitar Center anymore lol..

• Members

View Post

It was in stock and still shows on a bizrate search...the really annoying thing is that Sam Ash still has them in stores, so they could've called a Sam Ash location to verify stock and price. As it stands, I'm just having the Sam Ash in Richmond ship it to me. It's still a bit of a bummer because I've always preferred to do business with M123/MF and sometimes I feel like I'm the only defender of Guitar Center anymore lol..

Which store still has it? If I can confirm it then it shouldn't be a problem to beat it.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

Chad, do you know if MF is still doing price matches on Gibsons from Sam ash? I just called M123, first sales rep played dumb and said they were used gear, 2nd one said he couldn't price match it beacause it was already low. If MF is doing price matches, let me know so I can do business with them. Thanks for your help

• Members

View Post

Chad, do you know if MF is still doing price matches on Gibsons from Sam ash? I just called M123, first sales rep played dumb and said they were used gear, 2nd one said he couldn't price match it beacause it was already low. If MF is doing price matches, let me know so I can do business with them. Thanks for your help

If we have the same model and color as they do, it shouldn't be a problem to match it. Email me at forums@musiciansfriend.com. I'd also like to know more about M123 denying these requests, as that shouldn't be happening if it's a legit match.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

View Post

If we have the same model and color as they do, it shouldn't be a problem to match it. Email me at forums@musiciansfriend.com. I'd also like to know more about M123 denying these requests, as that shouldn't be happening if it's a legit match.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

I sent you an email with all the store's number. As I said, I truly appreciate any assistance you can be here, but customers shouldn't have to jump through hoops like this to get M123 to honor their price match policy...

• Members

View Post

I sent you an email with all the store's number. As I said, I truly appreciate any assistance you can be here, but customers shouldn't have to jump through hoops like this to get M123 to honor their price match policy...

9 out of 10 of mine are rejected. I sent the esp ec 256 yesterday and got shot down. Both places HAD them in stock with the same colors. Now they dont. It is standard procedure as far as I'm concerned.

I just got a response today for a pricematch i sent well over a week ago. And gee, unfortunately the item is not in stock anymore but they'd be happy to give me 5% off.

• Members

View Post

I just shot you an email. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho

View Post

9 out of 10 of mine are rejected. I sent the esp ec 256 yesterday and got shot down. Both places HAD them in stock with the same colors. Now they dont. It is standard procedure as far as I'm concerned.

I just got a response today for a pricematch i sent well over a week ago. And gee, unfortunately the item is not in stock anymore but they'd be happy to give me 5% off.

Sorry that this happened. I assure you it's not standard procedure, but more of an unfortunate side effect of the holiday rush putting all our staff on the phones to handle the call volume. I've got guys cranking out emails as fast as we can to get caught back up. Email me what you had been looking to get, I'd love to see what I can do to make it up to you.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

• Members

View Post

I just shot you an email. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Sorry that this happened. I assure you it's not standard procedure, but more of an unfortunate side effect of the holiday rush putting all our staff on the phones to handle the call volume. I've got guys cranking out emails as fast as we can to get caught back up. Email me what you had been looking to get, I'd love to see what I can do to make it up to you.

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

You're a man of your word-really appreciate the help!

• Members

View Post

Sincerely,

Chris Baker

Night Supervisor

Bull{censored}. Music123 routinely postpones pricematches on outrageous deals. I can't blame them for not wanting to lose money, but it happens year round. Everyone in this thread has experienced it. Can we move all this chatter to a different thread? this a deals thread. Not a whine and bitch and put a music123 rep on the spot thread.

edit: chbaker has personally helped me out once and I don't mean to attack him for doing his job.

• Members

Yep music 123 did it to me so I just went to musicians friend. Now rather than the 123 I get the big dollar coupon. Then again who knows if they will even let you use the coupon as cash. You know if you get some crazy low price match they aren't going to let you use it on that purchase. I'm kind of regretting buying this Gibson, because it isn't all that great. Maybe I wouldn't have been so haste in my purchase even at these blowout prices.

Quote Originally Posted by calclown

View Post

Bull{censored}. Music123 routinely postpones pricematches on outrageous deals. I can't blame them for not wanting to lose money, but it happens year round. Everyone in this thread has experienced it. Can we move all this chatter to a different thread? this a deals thread. Not a whine and bitch and put a music123 rep on the spot thread.

edit: chbaker has personally helped me out once and I don't mean to attack him for doing his job.

Archived