You know what sucks? Strats.

honeyiscool

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by notjonahbutnoah View Post
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, those were made under Fender's license, they are exactly the same body shape... they my be called So-Cals, but they're Strats. Fender Strats even.

A small pick up truck might say "Chevy S 10" on it, but that {censored}er is a GMC Sonoma, no matter what they tell ya.

icon_lol.gif
Strats have three single coils, a six-screw "tremolo" bridge, a five way switch, and three knobs.

And they suck.

• Members

Just an idea...but would require no pick-guard mods.

Take thin piece of plastic/metal and make a variation of one of these...instead of a point, shape the end about as wide as the top of the knob...tall as needed. (Haven't tested yet but should work).

Knob_Position_Indicator_sm.jpg

Knob_Position_Indicator_sm.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool View Post
Can't even play chugga chugga without turning off the volume every two minutes.
/troll thread
Keep practicing. It takes time to develop good technique, including "chugga chugga" on a Strat without hitting the knobs.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by RaVenCAD

View Post

In 2.5 decades of playing, I have never been far from a Strat of some sort,and in those 2.5 decades, I don't ever recall having a problem hitting the volume knob. Your picking = fail.

I've never hit the volume knob either? I guess if your arms are really short it could happen. Probably best to stick to short scale guitars then.

• Members

A stock Strat is a flawed instrument - weak sounding bridge pickup, pick catching mid pickup, crappy trem, stupid control layout, co-dependent tone controls (and none for the bridge), and the lever switch looks cheap and toylike. That's why people mod them; that's why Teles are superior.

DSC00403.jpg

• Members

I really dont like Strats that much either.
Especially after obtaining a Tele that I really dig with a strat pup in the neck pos.
But it took me about 5 min to get used to the vol knob placement.
The bridge pup only and the middle only pretty much suck on a strat as far as Im concerned. Yea, I know you can mod the wiring,
The trem is sucky too. Much prefer a Bigsby.
But:
A strat is about the most comfortable to play guitar there is.
Nothing "quacks" and "sproings" like a strat.
And how else ya gonna cover Hank Marvin?smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by honeyiscool

View Post

You can operator error me all you want but I've seen all kinds of great guitarists hit the 5 way by accident. Phil X does it like every third video.

hate to tell you bro, but you started about thread about your operator error without realizing it was about operator error.

Archived