OMG!!!! Our ultimate....

newbuilder

• Replies 35.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How bad is the car?

Totaled. They took it in at the body shop to replace the window, then called my wife and said they are keeping it to total out. We are kinda short a car right now and that suuuuucks. I am going to call today and see when I can get it back or get some cash for totaling it out.

• Members
Mornin Elias. Fellows. It pissed in Lago like I haven't seen since a few weeks ago when baseball sized hail busted up my car on the HWY. Any one else experience crazy storms last night?

That guitar is seriously badass. The only guitar that I have played that is set up like that was a Kay Craft guitar from the 50's. The sound was pure blues acoustic. A buddy gave it to me to get playing, that was a loud little guitar.

guitars-adam-walnut-0101.jpg
guitars-adam-walnut-0091.jpg

i was in an F5 in wichita back in may of '99...same storm that tore up OKC that year...

Damon

• Members

I was in OKC when that bitch came through. Lifted blacktop off the road. Winds damn near 500 mph. We were wetting ourselves for a bit. There was nothing left standing after that one came through.

yeah,it was that way in wichita too.i was on w. 63rd st. south,nice suburban neighborhood before,war zone after...i'll get some pics up here in a bit...

Damon

• Members

the house i was in
twister002.jpg

neighbors to the west,there used to be a top floor...if you look close in the middle pic there's a chevy conversion van on it's side...it was on the opposite side of the yard facing the other direction...consequently,the twister dropped the van on a dog's head...chain and all...my wife,we weren't even together at the time,helped me dig the dog out and bury it...
twister001.jpg

this used to be a trailer house,me and the woman's house i was at dug through the debrit looking for a woman and her little girl...turns out they weren't home,phew!!!
twister003.jpg

the garage of the residence i was at...it left the walk in door...
twister.jpg

cars the twister tossed around
twister004.jpg

uprooted trees
twister005.jpg

various debrit
twister006.jpg

this was one of the single,most insane,terrifying moments i've ever experienced.it's the first and only tornado i've experienced first hand,and i never care to do it again...for those of you that never have,it's not at all glamorous like the the movies make it seem...i was in that house with two other adults and two small children,no basement just a bathroom,it took patrol and rescue three hours to get to us.the poor woman had no insurance and lost everything...it was horrible

Damon

• Members

By the way, to make some effort to stay ot, how's that TTM?

I played the 5th Avenue again over the weekend. Unless something insane comes along to change my mind, that's going to be the one. I really like that guitar a lot. It speaks to me.

the TTM realy is great,for free...stays in tune,even after divebombing on the trem,sounds good enough for me.like i said before though,the pots are worthless...

Damon

• Members

Hey guys. I ended up moving a bunch of stuff today and didn't really have time to jam. I did a little noodling with my brother, there was some real promising stuff, but honey do's ate up most of the time.

I forgot to say, Damon, Happy New Guitar Day!
You should totaly have a headstock redo thread. Everyone would get a kick outa that.

I love Pizza!

I think I may have kinda flipped. I am trying to trade my Ibanez and Washburn for a nice strat. What the {censored} is wrong with me? I just gotta have a nice strat.

• Members

Hey, my boy has a decent mim strat and it's a pretty nice guitar. It needs a pup job but other than that it's good. The mim singles are noisy as hell. It needs a good set of Lace Sensors in it and it'll be a top notch axe.

I have a hard time with srats, though. The strings are too damn close to the pickguard for me and that center pup drives me nuts. I'll stick with me sg for now.

I do like the Lace Helix, though. If I ever get another solid, that one will be up there. My next will be the 5th Avenue though. I can't wait for that bad boy. I'm gonna add a floating neck pickup to it and turn it into an electric.

• Members

Hey, my boy has a decent mim strat and it's a pretty nice guitar. It needs a pup job but other than that it's good. The mim singles are noisy as hell. It needs a good set of Lace Sensors in it and it'll be a top notch axe.

I have a hard time with srats, though. The strings are too damn close to the pickguard for me and that center pup drives me nuts. I'll stick with me sg for now.

I do like the Lace Helix, though. If I ever get another solid, that one will be up there. My next will be the 5th Avenue though. I can't wait for that bad boy. I'm gonna add a floating neck pickup to it and turn it into an electric.

why not just get the Kingpin?

http://www.musiciansbuy.com/godin-31979kit.html

• Members

Hey guys. I ended up moving a bunch of stuff today and didn't really have time to jam. I did a little noodling with my brother, there was some real promising stuff, but honey do's ate up most of the time.

I forgot to say, Damon, Happy New Guitar Day!

You should totaly have a headstock redo thread. Everyone would get a kick outa that.

I love Pizza!

I think I may have kinda flipped. I am trying to trade my Ibanez and Washburn for a nice strat. What the {censored} is wrong with me? I just gotta have a nice strat.

thanks bud:thu:...i know all about them homey do's:lol:...on a completely random note,i have a 2002 s-10 2door blazer that i've had for about 2 years,i just realized that if i keep her in low and feather the gas that i can actualy chip(hop) the front end off of the ground as if i were gas chipping with a sigle battery,single pump hydro setup...i always wanted a lowrider:lol:...any of you guy's looking for an amp head?i'm trying to fund the purchase of a crate vintage club 50 2x12 combo....

Damon

• Members

the TTM realy is great,for free...stays in tune,even after divebombing on the trem,sounds good enough for me.like i said before though,the pots are worthless...

Damon

All the Chinese mini pots are worthless.

Archived