OMG!!!! Our ultimate....

newbuilder

• Replies 35.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm. Guess I'm all alone. Anyway, here is the vox cut I did for LTOP. I only did two verses and one chorus, but you can hear the meter anyway. I decided to lay down a few loops so my voice didn't sound so bad. :facepalm:

Anyway, remember, this is just so you can hear the vox meter. The music here is only there to fill it in.

dogs-playing-poker.jpg

Long Tall Oklahoma Paul

Long Tall Oklahoma Paul (sample)
lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7549789&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7549789&q=hi

• Members

Well the day was good, night not so much.

I had half a bowl in the morning before school, went to school, forgot everything the teachers taught me. Then, I smoked with my friend and his girlfriend and her friend, then we left them and smoked some more, then my friend got pulled over and I ate all the weed. Then we came home and I was baked and then my mom asked me why my pupils were dilated and that just ruined everything for me. I told her I was tired and I'm not sure if she believed me, but she hasn't asked about it since, so it's all good.

Crazy day!

I'm glad I don't live with my mom any more.

Of course, she did move in with my wife & I. Doesn't mind the smoke either, it's my house.

• Members

So I checked out the song. I heard the lyrics and delivery and think that we are taking this song of yours a whole different direction. Think Zappa and Ween. I am having my little brother come over tomorow and we are going to {censored} it up. I think it should be real over the top with the vocals and I started coming up with some guitar for what I heard. I think that the song could be pretty surprizing if it goes the way it sounds in my head.
I may not be on much till Tuesday, but I'll check back off and on.

• Members

Very good. I'm up for anything. Don't know much about Ween but Zappa rocks. I could hear this going that direction completely. In fact I have had conversations with my brother about screwing with people taking my tunes with their old fashioned lyrics and putting them with something totally unexpected. Zappa would definitely be unexpected with this. I'm excited. Can't wait.

• Members

I'm all in for screwing with people. That's why I'm here. I don't to just redo what's been done.

Regarding the 5th Avenue: It plays and sounds as good as it looks. I've been playing both versions pretty heavily in my quest for an archtop.

The Kingpin is awesome. The Godin P90 is sweet. I'm looking for an acoustic as much as an electric, however, and the Kingpin's volume unplugged is half the standard version's because of the mounted pup. I'm gonna get the standard version and install a floating pickup so I can have a double duty acoustic/electric. They did a good job on it.

Both versions are worth every penny of the asking price. Anyone who says you have to import midrange guitars from Asia is out of their minds. The Canadians have figured it out. Godin is on a roll. Their Richmond models are every bit as good as a Gibby and sell for a grand fully loaded, case and all.

• Members

Mornin Elias. Fellows. It pissed in Lago like I haven't seen since a few weeks ago when baseball sized hail busted up my car on the HWY. Any one else experience crazy storms last night?

That guitar is seriously badass. The only guitar that I have played that is set up like that was a Kay Craft guitar from the 50's. The sound was pure blues acoustic. A buddy gave it to me to get playing, that was a loud little guitar.

guitars-adam-walnut-0101.jpg
guitars-adam-walnut-0091.jpg

Archived