OMG!!!! Our ultimate....

newbuilder

• Members

I love to fire up the smoker. Wild game is some of the best. I'll take a wild turkey, stuff it with butter and onions. Cover the outside of it heavily with garlic, salt and pepper. Wrap the whole thing in bacon then smoke it for 12 hours over hickory. I'll do the same with deer. We usually butcher them ourselves and we just quarter them. I'll take a whole quarter, wrap it in bacon and smoke it for about 18 hours then put it out whole on a giant slab with a carving knife and a fork. The crowd comes through and hacks off what they want. Pretty primitive but it is gooood. Pheasant stuffed with apples and covered with cinnamon is right nice too.

it's all in the wood used....but you know that!

• Replies 35.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
So my son played a "gig" last night of sorts. He was spending the night with a buddy and it seems they hoofed it over to Dairy Queen with an acoustic. He said hey had a pretty good crowd going after a while and the owner told them they could come back and play out on the patio whenever they wanted. I guess the crowd kept bying ice cream and sodas so he was happy to have them around. His first gig.

tell him not to forget a tip jar!

:thu:

• Members
I told him to hit up the owner for a cut.

I have a hickory tree growing right next to my house.
:)
I save all the sheds and trimmings.

For musician bootcamp he needs to go to the nearest college and open his case on the ground in front of him and play for a couple of hours.

• Members

So my son played a "gig" last night of sorts. He was spending the night with a buddy and it seems they hoofed it over to Dairy Queen with an acoustic. He said hey had a pretty good crowd going after a while and the owner told them they could come back and play out on the patio whenever they wanted. I guess the crowd kept bying ice cream and sodas so he was happy to have them around. His first gig.

that's badass EG...make sure he sticks with it...

Damon

• Members

Wow, that sounds like a cool experience. Never know what it could lead to.

I've only played one gig my entire life, unless you count band practices where a few unknown drunks stumbled in and watched for a song or two at our practice space.

I stillneed to play a second gig. The first one was 13 years ago.

• Members

His buddies all want to shred but he's learning Page and blues licks. You should hear him play Black Dog.

The kids I teach guitar to are into Zeppelin, AC-DC, Gun n' Roses and such. I listen to newer music than they do.

Very cool of you to surprise your boy with the guitar.

• Members

New...i listened to the piece, nice pickin dude. i'd wanna slow the pace down and changed the structure just a lil if thats cool...shorten the bridge and have it end with the same progression it started it...whatcha think?

btw guys...i bought a new toy today...you guys know i been gassin for an obnoxious axe...go look at my new guitar day thread
:cop:

• Members
New...i listened to the piece, nice pickin dude. i'd wanna slow the pace down and changed the structure just a lil if thats cool...shorten the bridge and have it end with the same progression it started it...whatcha think?

btw guys...i bought a new toy today...you guys know i been gassin for an obnoxious axe...go look at my new guitar day thread

:cop:

Hey man! Thanks for the props. I like your idea. I want to make it more of a song than it is right now. EG is supposed to be hitting some lyrics to it for me to hear, I'm excited! My nipples are about to pop off of my chest.:eek:

• Members
Hey man! Thanks for the props. I like your idea. I want to make it more of a song than it is right now. EG is supposed to be hitting some lyrics to it for me to hear, I'm excited! My nipples are about to pop off of my chest.
:eek:

TMI dude...T...M...I

• Members

So, any fun stripper stories from today?

nah i have weekends off...but a fun one from yesterday

got my boss to collect my tipout from the girls every day...each girls owe me a minimum $10 tip and the end of the day...theyve been stiffin me, so now the club manager shakes em down for it every day

makes my job way easier

• Members

Same as every other day for me. Bit of smoke and guitar playin. A friend of mine had some excellent Cali-O to share, twas cool.

And yours?

Well the day was good, night not so much.

I had half a bowl in the morning before school, went to school, forgot everything the teachers taught me. Then, I smoked with my friend and his girlfriend and her friend, then we left them and smoked some more, then my friend got pulled over and I ate all the weed. Then we came home and I was baked and then my mom asked me why my pupils were dilated and that just ruined everything for me. I told her I was tired and I'm not sure if she believed me, but she hasn't asked about it since, so it's all good.

• Members

Well the day was good, night not so much.

I had half a EXPLETIVE DELETED in the morning before school, went to school, forgot everything the teachers taught me. Then, I HAD LUNCH with my friend and his girlfriend and her friend, then we left them and RAN LAPS some more, then my friend got pulled over and I ate all the FURNITURE POLISH. Then we came home and I was FIZZLE BAMMED and then my mom asked me why my PUPPIES were FLYING and that just ruined everything for me. I told her I was tired and I'm not sure if she believed me, but she hasn't asked about it since, so it's all good.

FIXED.

Archived