OMG!!!! Our ultimate....

newbuilder

• Replies 35.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mmmm. Chili. You can't get any decent chili or Mexican in Stl. There are some things I do miss about Tejas.

Italian or German, however, you can get some good stuff. Toasted ravioli and Stl style pizza are great. I'm gonna have to go to Ted's Escondito when I go to OKC next weekend.

The song is gonna kick ass. I warned the Mrs I'm going in the studio when I get home.

we've got some badass mexican right here in little ol' concordia,ks...

Damon

• Members

My "studio" is a spare room in the basement where I set up the laptop and Garageband. I got a Blue Snowball USB mic for vox and a Line 6 Toneport with Pod Farm effects software for guitar. It's not much, but you can do a lot with it. The sound is pretty good.

There are three tracks over on my soundclick page I did with it. Go to soundclick.com and just do a search for Elias Graves. It'll turn up. Jerry Mac is pretty good. Baseball Girl is kinda goofy. Guitarbage I did a few months ago as my first attempt to record guitar.

I'm gonna put up another lyric for the hell of it. Probably ake a few minutes.

• Members
It's been a while since I've been to a titty bar. Are the 8am girls at all like the lunch shift girls?
:freak:
One place I went for lunch had a pregnant dancer, way pregnant. It was kinda hot.
:facepalm:

I've been to the lunch shift as well. Surprised me how busy it would get.
Never saw a pregnant stripper:freak:, that would be weird.
I've seen a few that should have been headed to the old strippers home, though.

• Members
My "studio" is a spare room in the basement where I set up the laptop and Garageband. I got a Blue Snowball USB mic for vox and a Line 6 Toneport with Pod Farm effects software for guitar. It's not much, but you can do a lot with it. The sound is pretty good.

There are three tracks over on my soundclick page I did with it. Go to soundclick.com and just do a search for Elias Graves. It'll turn up. Jerry Mac is pretty good. Baseball Girl is kinda goofy. Guitarbage I did a few months ago as my first attempt to record guitar.

I'm gonna put up another lyric for the hell of it. Probably ake a few minutes.

Ake as long as you need, work is real slow.:thu:

• Members
That design I emailed you is going to be my bigger guitar.

I love Mexican food. I love central Texas cause you can spit and hit a great Mex food joint. You can go to Fredericksburg and have great German. And you can go to Driftwood and have Salt Lick BBQ.

Ake as long as you need, work is real slow.
:thu:

i've recently realized that i'm a bit of a barb-q fanatic.best i've had so far was a place in estes park,co called smokin' daves pit bbq and tap house...bbq and a micro brewery,what more could you want?

Damon

• Members

Jerry Mac

Old Jerry Mac was a railroading son of a gun
He worked real hard but he knew how to have some fun
Long days rolling down that Frisco Line
Seems he was running just about all the time
When the work day's done he would tune them shiny strings
Sweet talk that box like he's having himself a fling

(chorus)
Jerry Mac Jerry Mac
Loved to run that train on down the track
Blew that wistle long and loud
Then he played that guitar for the crowd

Old Jerry Mac loved to hear that singing steel
Ain't nothing sound sweeter than a rail ringing on a wheel
He said "I'm gonna tell you something
"That everybody needs to know
"There's no use a goin if you got to go there slow"

Jerry Mac Jerry Mac
Rolled them cars on down the track
Blew that whistle long and low
And that train always knew just where to go

Old Jerry Mac loved to play them country blues
And he smoked them strings just like a burning fuse
Rockin out the dance hall a party every Saturday night
That beat up Silvertone ringing out clear and bright
Old Jerry Mac never had much to say
But he boogied all night and half way through the day

Jerry Mac Jerry Mac
Played in the band wih his brother Jack
Loved to hear that country sound
And he never laid that guitar down

(coda)
Now Jerry Mac would not complain
He gave his life to drive that train
Now Jerry left us much too soon
We carry on to play his tune
And we play them blues
Play them blues
Play them blues
Play them blues

• Members

Neither do I.

I'm a total hack.

I can play fast,but it sounds like gibberish.

Nice Jem, still got it?

Mmmmm.....bacon, eggs, beer and strippers for breakfast!

{censored}, I'd be ready for a beer and strippers after all that!

I've been to the lunch shift as well. Surprised me how busy it would get.

Never saw a pregnant stripper:freak:, that would be weird.

I've seen a few that should have been headed to the old strippers home, though.

I got rid of the Jem. Here is the story.

About 6 months ago someone stole it out of my unlocked car at home after an open mike night. I went crazy. It was my main guitar for 15ish years. I posted all over CL called pawn shops, the whole neigborhood was looking for it, and all of the local musicians know that's my axe.

A guy got it on surveilance and called me and the cops. The cops are slow to do {censored} so I had peoples kids in highschool asking around and found the kid who did it. He was some little {censored} drop out that lived like a block away. My first idea was shake him till the guitar pops out, but I waited for a total of 7 and a half days formulating my plan to get my baby back.

On Monday mornign while burning an EXPLITAVE DELETED I get a knock on my door and it was the little {censored}s two older brothers holding my guitar case. I thank them and they implicate some other kid.

I take the guitar and put it right in the closet. For some reason my bond with it was broken. It sat for about three months before I started looking for trades. I found a guy with a couple of nice guitars and traded the Jem away. He put pink pups back in it and pink knobs and takes very good care of it.

I will get another Jem for sure, I wish I could land a blue floral with a maple board.

• Members

Jerry Mac

Old Jerry Mac was a railroading son of a gun

He worked real hard but he knew how to have some fun

Long days rolling down that Frisco Line

Seems he was running just about all the time

When the work day's done he would tune them shiny strings

Sweet talk that box like he's having himself a fling

(chorus)

Jerry Mac Jerry Mac

Loved to run that train on down the track

Blew that wistle long and loud

Then he played that guitar for the crowd

Old Jerry Mac loved to hear that singing steel

Ain't nothing sound sweeter than a rail ringing on a wheel

He said "I'm gonna tell you something

"That everybody needs to know

"There's no use a goin if you got to go there slow"

Jerry Mac Jerry Mac

Rolled them cars on down the track

Blew that whistle long and low

And that train always knew just where to go

Old Jerry Mac loved to play them country blues

And he smoked them strings just like a burning fuse

Rockin out the dance hall a party every Saturday night

That beat up Silvertone ringing out clear and bright

Old Jerry Mac never had much to say

But he boogied all night and half way through the day

Jerry Mac Jerry Mac

Played in the band wih his brother Jack

Loved to hear that country sound

And he never laid that guitar down

(coda)

Now Jerry Mac would not complain

He gave his life to drive that train

Now Jerry left us much too soon

We carry on to play his tune

And we play them blues

Play them blues

Play them blues

Play them blues

I like it Elias. I better start playing some blues huh?

• Members

I got rid of the Jem. Here is the story.

About 6 months ago someone stole it out of my unlocked car at home after an open mike night. I went crazy. It was my main guitar for 15ish years. I posted all over CL called pawn shops, the whole neigborhood was looking for it, and all of the local musicians know that's my axe.

A guy got it on surveilance and called me and the cops. The cops are slow to do {censored} so I had peoples kids in highschool asking around and found the kid who did it. He was some little {censored} drop out that lived like a block away. My first idea was shake him till the guitar pops out, but I waited for a total of 7 and a half days formulating my plan to get my baby back.

On Monday mornign while burning an EXPLITAVE DELETED I get a knock on my door and it was the little {censored}s two older brothers holding my guitar case. I thank them and they implicate some other kid.

I take the guitar and put it right in the closet. For some reason my bond with it was broken. It sat for about three months before I started looking for trades. I found a guy with a couple of nice guitars and traded the Jem away. He put pink pups back in it and pink knobs and takes very good care of it.

I will get another Jem for sure, I wish I could land a blue floral with a maple board.

Wow!

That's a crazy story.

I would have kept it myself, that guitar has a lot of history to it now.

But the blue floral Jems do look hawt.

• Members

I love to fire up the smoker. Wild game is some of the best. I'll take a wild turkey, stuff it with butter and onions. Cover the outside of it heavily with garlic, salt and pepper. Wrap the whole thing in bacon then smoke it for 12 hours over hickory. I'll do the same with deer. We usually butcher them ourselves and we just quarter them. I'll take a whole quarter, wrap it in bacon and smoke it for about 18 hours then put it out whole on a giant slab with a carving knife and a fork. The crowd comes through and hacks off what they want. Pretty primitive but it is gooood. Pheasant stuffed with apples and covered with cinnamon is right nice too.

• Members

Don't feel bad, SL, I can't play good or fast.

Jerry Mac I recorded with loops and I used some weird funk guitar with it. It actually sounded OK but that's not what I really want for it. I'd like it to either have and old fashioned country train shuffle to it or go the opposite way and turn it into some kind of rocker. Maybe rockabilly or some straightforward Thorogood stuff with it.

• Members

I have a lot of fun modding my sg. I've repalced tuners, pickups, all the electronics and wiring and now I'm doing the finish. I don't know what I'll do when that's done.

I am picking up a Shopsmith tool next weekend. I'll have to see if that will give me the capability of doing a body. If so, look out.

I'm also getting a mandolin I hope. It's a fifty fifty deal right now. I'd really like to have it.

My father in law is hooking me up with stain, shellac and some veneer for the sg project so that's gonna save me some $.

He thinks he's getting old, so he's starting to unload some stuff. He's also going to give me his grandfather's cornet. It's a 1920's model, silver, with engraving all over it. His grandad played it in a jazz band in Tulsa all through the '30's and 40's.

So what do you play when you go to open mic?

• Members

I have a lot of fun modding my sg. I've repalced tuners, pickups, all the electronics and wiring and now I'm doing the finish. I don't know what I'll do when that's done.

I am picking up a Shopsmith tool next weekend. I'll have to see if that will give me the capability of doing a body. If so, look out.

I'm also getting a mandolin I hope. It's a fifty fifty deal right now. I'd really like to have it.

My father in law is hooking me up with stain, shellac and some veneer for the sg project so that's gonna save me some $.

He thinks he's getting old, so he's starting to unload some stuff. He's also going to give me his grandfather's cornet. It's a 1920's model, silver, with engraving all over it. His grandad played it in a jazz band in Tulsa all through the '30's and 40's.

So what do you play when you go to open mic?

Yeah the OLP mod is close to done. I am going to buy one of the new Floyds from GFS in black and new black tuners, the headstock sanded to raw maple and that's it.

At open mic night they mainly ask me to stay on stage and play lead. It's cool, but I can handle about 20 or 30 minutes of ZZ Top and Blues songs before I run out of stuff to play. I like to play originals and that screws up my ability to sit and play covers happily at times, but with some beers and EXPLETIVE DELETED I power through most of the time.

I don't go that often any more. It is too much of the same every week.

• Members

So my son played a "gig" last night of sorts. He was spending the night with a buddy and it seems they hoofed it over to Dairy Queen with an acoustic. He said hey had a pretty good crowd going after a while and the owner told them they could come back and play out on the patio whenever they wanted. I guess the crowd kept bying ice cream and sodas so he was happy to have them around. His first gig.

• Members
So my son played a "gig" last night of sorts. He was spending the night with a buddy and it seems they hoofed it over to Dairy Queen with an acoustic. He said hey had a pretty good crowd going after a while and the owner told them they could come back and play out on the patio whenever they wanted. I guess the crowd kept bying ice cream and sodas so he was happy to have them around. His first gig.

That's a cool experience he will remember forever. :thu:

• Members

That's awsome! How old is he?

• Members

Just turned 15.

He asked for cash from everybody to buy a Les Paul. We found a '92 made in Korea model with a birdseye maple top on Craigslist. I told him to get in the car to go run an errand. We went and met the guy and the boy flipped when he saw it. It's a good player. The previous owner said he bought it new. He upgraded the pickups with some Schallers and had a coil split installed. The finish is near perfect on it and the action is sickly low. He originally wanted a burst but when he saw the birdseye he said "Nobody will have a guitar like this one." He likes to do his own thing. His buddies all want to shred but he's learning Page and blues licks. You should hear him play Black Dog.

Archived