70s Fender Starcaster Petition

FoonkySteve

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks Volvo1800! You Rock!

Hi DaleH the petition is for the 70s 'Starcaster' not the 'Stratocaster' the original 70s Starcaster is a hollow body 335 style guitar made by fender in the 70s the avatar i use has a picture of one. Check it out, it is a beautiful beast!

• Members

Thanks Volvo1800! You Rock!

Hi DaleH the petition is for the 70s 'Starcaster' not the 'Stratocaster' the original 70s Starcaster is a hollow body 335 style guitar made by fender in the 70s the avatar i use has a picture of one. Check it out, it is a beautiful beast!

Sorry about that, my bad. Have you ever played one?

• Members

You know, what im gonna be honest, im not 100% on that one, someone has an absolutly stunning one on ebay at the moment in a sunburst finish, has the fender logo on the pickups, some really indepth pics of the actual guitar, i believe it was fenders 1st attempt at a hollow body humbucker guitar post CBS

• Members

Im gonna count you in too BG76 if its cool with you?

Please don't seeing as how crappy the Tele Custom, Deluxe and Thinline reissues are Fender doesn't need to butcher anymore models by offering watered down reissues.

• Members

If you really want one, call the custom shop. They will make you one.

No they won't. They don't have the templates. offsetguitars.com members have already tried.

Count me in, though. Starcasters own. I want to see 'em reissued in all the original finishes, too: natural, sunburst, the elusive black, and the even-more-elusive white!

1977white001.jpg

• Members

Awesome! Thanks for the support! 1st one ive seen in White! That is reallllly nice, im thinkin its a toss now, between the sunburst and the white! Hell i might even get both once they start making them again! Ive also saw pictures of it in a kinda plain brown colour. That one in the pic you have looks in great condition!

Thanks again comrade:thu:

• Members

Please don't seeing as how crappy the Tele Custom, Deluxe and Thinline reissues are Fender doesn't need to butcher anymore models by offering watered down reissues.

This. I'd imagine that even if they got the body right, they'd definitely have inferior electronics as they no longer make the Wide Range Humbuckers right, an will just give you PAFs in a WRHB case. Honestly, there's probably at least one independent luthier near you that could make a great copy, and you could drop in Novak's WRHB copies in and possibly end up with a superior instrument for cheaper than Fender Custom Shop or even used.

Archived