70s Fender Starcaster Petition

FoonkySteve

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mine was white.. It was faded into a cream color and looked otherworldly beautiful.. I must have been out of my friggin skull to sell that one back to Rumble Seat.

They DID use the original Fender Wide Range Humbuckers... Designed by Seth Lover.
They are not in the same style guitar as a 335... They sound and play kind of different.
They have a longer scale, bolt on maple neck, and Fender pickups..
As I stated earlier in this thread, think of a perfect cross between a great 335 and a great tele.. THATS what my Starcaster sounded like.
They will never be reissued, and if they were, they would be Korean built.
Get a second job, sell off a bunch of stuff, save and save for a few months and buy an original.

• Members
How many people have signed it?

The original one i started earlier today had 12 signatures, but the whole petition 'does not exist' now apparently. I have not even signed the new one myself yet in case it is in breach of the rules. Or it could be because i had links to some google images on it.:facepalm:

• Members

Mine was white.. It was faded into a cream color and looked otherworldly beautiful.. I must have been out of my friggin skull to sell that one back to Rumble Seat.

Ahhhh. Sounds awesome, looks like Carbohydrates (near top of page) might have got a hold of your old one. Absolute Stunna!

• Members

Not just that Mac, the bridge and knobs are not standard Fender issue which means they would either be off a Strat or some low end knock off.

I have a Starcaster in pieces and I would honestly doubt any of the people here drooling for them have ever played a real one for any length of time.

They are ok guitars, but for 2 - 4 thousand there are much better options.

• Members

My buddy has one, and it's real fun to play.

I'm shocked though...I had no idea they were so much money. He got his for about 3-500 dollars about 10 years ago. It's in good shape, and it came with a hardshell case. Some of the pots need changing too. It plays really nice and has a real nice tone to it, but I wouldn't pay that much for it. If they did re-issue it, and it was in the same price range as a MIA Strat/Tele, then I'd buy one instead of the new Strat I'm planning.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I think they call this a 'Bump'? That right?

Anyway, UPDATE: The Starcaster is featured in this months 'Guitarist' magazine in the 'used gear' column. Nice 2page spread! (142-143)

In other news, the petition, has nearly hit its 1st 50 signatures!!! Anyone not signed yet? Link below

• Members

A reissue would be cool, but only if it tries to get the details right as others have said.

If I was in the market for such a guitar I would probably get one over some of the more standard or traditional semi-hollows just because I like the look and vibe of the Starcaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived