70s Fender Starcaster Petition

FoonkySteve

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bump bump bumparoo!

Update! My Letter got Published in the this months 'Guitarist' magazine! (April 2010 issue 327) It has the link to the petition in it, and they even accompanied it with a lovely pic of the starcaster!! The word is getting out! 75 sigs and counting...........

• Members

Bump bump bumparoo!

Update! My Letter got Published in the this months 'Guitarist' magazine! (April 2010 issue 327) It has the link to the petition in it, and they even accompanied it with a lovely pic of the starcaster!! The word is getting out! 75 sigs and counting...........

Seriously? I read that very magazine. It had the Starcaster in the used gear section, I think? Great big pic of it, loads of details.

I'll look out for it again, and look for your letter. It's the one with Josh Homme and Dave Grohl pulling silly faces on the cover, right?

• Members

I'll look out for it again, and look for your letter. It's the one with Josh Homme and Dave Grohl pulling silly faces on the cover, right?

Nope, the new issue with John Mayer on the front.

• Members
Nope, the new issue with John Mayer on the front.

Oh right. Well, the one with Them Crooked Vultures on the front had a couple of pages about the Starcaster, so I just assumed.

We shop at Morrison's, and they stock Guitarist, so I'll go and check it out on Wednesday. Congrats Steve, it's always good to get the word out :)

• Members
Oh right. Well, the one with Them Crooked Vultures on the front had a couple of pages about the Starcaster, so I just assumed.

We shop at Morrison's, and they stock Guitarist, so I'll go and check it out on Wednesday. Congrats Steve, it's always good to get the word out
:)

Hey Ethan, your not wrong! I sent in the letter a couple of months ago, i dont know if it was just a coincidence that in the march (vultures) issue they featured the starcaster, id like to think i had something to do with it but i doubt it very much as it probably takes a bit of time for them to read the letters, and source and edit an article, although there wasn't loads of text, nice pic though:thu: Its just a wee letter and the mag have done a great job at editing my lengthy letter, making it more legible in the process:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

yet another bump, its ok this will be gone post HC 2.0 :)

BIG NEWS! THE PETITION IS FEATURED ON THE 1st PAGE OF NEWS ON GUITAR WORLD WEBSITE!!!!:thu::thu::thu::thu:

LINK: news.guitarworld.com/story/news-petition-to-reissue-the-fender-starcaster/

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
Hey, I noticed you've taken quite a liking to the white one I posted a while back, so here are more pics of it (it's not mine, sadly):

Wow! Thanks a lot Carbs! You really have made my day! Im Loving that in white, i've already decided, when the re-issue comes out (it will!) im having TWO starcasters! A white and a sunburst! :thu:

Thanks again!

• Members
Bump bump bumparoo!

It's in the april issue and I assumed t was an april fool's joke ;)

Just kidding, good luck with the petition. The folks on Jemsite managed to get a few changes from Ibanez through oniine pressure, like the reintroduction of maple fretboards and bright colours with contrasting DiMarzios

• Members
Wow... that's cool it was featured on Guitar World

How many sigs before you send it to Fender?

I think 1000!:eek: What say you???

Its gonna take a while but since the letter in guitarist the sigs have doubled and then since the News on 'I heart Guitar' about another 20+!

I need to step this up a gear though, thanks again Ethan for your support, we need more like you for the starcaster army:thu:

Anyone else want to add the petition to thier signature??

• Members
I think 1000!
:eek:
What say you???

Its gonna take a while but since the letter in guitarist the sigs have doubled and then since the News on 'I heart Guitar' about another 20+!

I need to step this up a gear though, thanks again Ethan for your support, we need more like you for the starcaster army:thu:

Anyone else want to add the petition to thier signature??

1000 sounds good :thu:

Yeah, it looks like a nice guitar. While I do really want to see it reissued, you just seem so passionate about this that I didn't really want to see you fail :thu:

• Members

1000 sounds good
:thu:

Yeah, it looks like a nice guitar. While I do really want to see it reissued, you just seem so passionate about this that I didn't really want to see you fail
:thu:

I agree! Changed my sig as well!

edit: I've also heard that Fender, for some reason, doesn't have the original plans or blueprints for these, which is why they can't make them through the Custom Shop, either. Well, I'll pledge to buy an original Starcaster and ship it to them to scan/measure for free (as long as I get it back afterwards) if they agree to start making 'em again! Come on, Fender, there are a lot of people that really wanna see this happen!

To the OP: Have you posted this on www.offsetguitars.com? They're pretty nuts for the Starcaster there!

• Members
I agree! Changed my sig as well!

edit: I've also heard that Fender, for some reason, doesn't have the original plans or blueprints for these, which is why they can't make them through the Custom Shop, either. Well, I'll pledge to buy an original Starcaster and ship it to them to scan/measure for free (as long as I get it back afterwards) if they agree to start making 'em again! Come on, Fender, there are a lot of people that really wanna see this happen!

To the OP: Have you posted this on
www.offsetguitars.com?
They're pretty nuts for the Starcaster there!

Thanks loads Carbs! Much appreciated! The Good wife bacame number 150 to sign today! and i spotted your comment on the petition too! Thanks a lot Carbs!

You Rock!

• Members
I see you are a man on a mission so count me in. I am a regular on the Fender.com Forum and will ask Mike Eldred about the templates. I also will post your name and petition in the lounge.

Thank you too! straycat!

Glad to have you onboard!:thu::thu::thu:

Archived