OPEN LETTER TO HCEG Administration

DaveAronow

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't really know a lot of what's happened on here, despite being a member since like 08 or something. There have been periods of many months where I disappeared.

I don't see how they fix it, to be honest. The first forum "upgrade" was such a **** disaster that drove away too many people permanently. Sadly, that bridge was burned for good.

I'm not going to pretend to know how to fix this place. Otherwise, I'd probably be financially better off than I am. But I certainly miss the massive community that this place once was. I'm happy to see some of the old-timers stick around. But when I visit this place over the course of a day and see that the topics on the first page haven't been moved to page 2, I know that traffic is still at a near standstill here. We're now, what, 4 years after that first "upgrade?"

As the doc on Star Trek used to say: "It's dead, Jim!"

• Members

this place is like a girlfriend where things went horribly wrong

the first incident was when she got a bit too drunk at a party and kissed your best mate... you decided it was out of character, so you forgave her after she promised not to do it again

then a while later you came home from work early and found her playing a friendly game of dp with the smelly neighbour and his buddy frank "the herpes" hernandez... against your better judgement you decided to give her one more chance after she begged for forgiveness and signed up for intensive therapy

but down the track you called it quits after you returned home to find a line of people going out your front door and down the street, of stoner dudes, each holding a coupon from "will blow for a buck" magazine

now, even though it makes you feel filthy and in need of a good scrub, you still visit her from time to time to see if she's ok... you're quite surprised to see that a few old friends have stuck by her, but that there's some people (who were kind of around before but you never really noticed them) who have taken a prominent position in the middle of her house... they're sitting on a table in the lounge room and they're masturbating furiously, not with their hands, but with half thawed out frozen chickens from the supermarket... to your great surprise, some of the people who are ok, are actually watching this poultry abomination, and commenting on it in a positive way... one of the chicken rapers continuously raves on about how intelligent he is... while another starts a lot of ridiculous conversations, while defending the antics of an angry youtuber that talks a lot of crap

meanwhile, your ex girlfriend sits in the corner of the room shaking... her roll-your-own cigarette keeps sliding out of her mouth, as all her teeth have fallen out from the meth abuse

it's all just a bit sad really

• Members

mistersully wrote:

this place is like a girlfriend where things went horribly wrong

the first incident was when she got a bit too drunk at a party and kissed your best mate... you decided it was out of character, so you forgave her after she promised not to do it again

then a while later you came home from work early and found her playing a friendly game of dp with the smelly neighbour and his buddy frank "the herpes" hernandez... against your better judgement you decided to give her one more chance after she begged for forgiveness and signed up for intensive therapy

but down the track you called it quits after you returned home to find a line of people going out your front door and down the street, of stoner dudes, each holding a coupon from "will blow for a buck" magazine

now, even though it makes you feel filthy and in need of a good scrub, you still visit her from time to time to see if she's ok... you're quite surprised to see that a few old friends have stuck by her, but that there's some people (who were kind of around before but you never really noticed them) who have taken a prominent position in the middle of her house... they're sitting on a table in the lounge room and they're masturbating furiously, not with their hands, but with half thawed out frozen chickens from the supermarket... to your great surprise, some of the people who are ok, are actually watching this poultry abomination, and commenting on it in a positive way... one of the chicken rapers continuously raves on about how intelligent he is... while another starts a lot of ridiculous conversations, while defending the antics of an angry youtuber that talks a lot of crap

meanwhile, your ex girlfriend sits in the corner of the room shaking... her roll-your-own cigarette keeps sliding out of her mouth, as all her teeth have fallen out from the meth abuse

it's all just a bit sad really

LOL. That was worth reading. :)

• Members

Great post.

I started posting in HCEG back in 2005. I switched over to HCAG for most of my posting in 2006. I still made it a pont to check in here from time to time. The "upgrades" dealt this forum a death blow. Traffic dropped to a point where I found myself posting less often. I went months without visiting the forum. I never thought that would happen because I made a bunch of good friends here. 

I would love to see the place restored to it's former glory, but I believe the people that run this place have no idea how great it was before they screwed it up (good intentions or not).

I guess we can hope.......

• Members

A huge part of the problem isn't HC, but the HCEG forum. If you look at the effects forum there is a lot of activity. Sure, it's not what it was, but there are always new posts and more of a community spirit.

In my opinion, over the years HCEG has not really followed the rules. There were a few years where this became the Gutar Fetish forum (I liked Jay Fetish once I got to know him but it was out of control), although there doesn't seem to be much love for them anymore. Not sure why.  This place has always given the impression that there are tons of shills here. For example, there was another pickup winder who was given card blanche to advertise on here as well.

The rules need to be the same for everyone and they were pretty clear about what manufacturers were/were not allowed to post. 

Couple that with the fact that mods of this forum made some pretty sick "jokes" regarding people of certain ethnicities and it's easy to see why there is not much activity here.

There really should be a change in the mods on HCEG. Phil does a great job in the effects section. I think someone like him would really do a lot to turn things around.

Just my 2 cents.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Ratae Corielta… Moderator
Jan 21
BG76 wrote:

There really should be a change in the mods on HCEG. Phil does a great job in the effects section. I think someone like him would really do a lot to turn things around.
Just my 2 cents.
I'm doing my best man, doing my best
Add Comment
Kudo 1

BTW, I have a Rondagile XV97,000 for sale cheap.
And be sure to call me with all your needs for propane and propane accessories!

• Members

This forum has always had a history of excellent mods at least in the eight? Holy ****,  has it been eight years? That I've been here. First MaziBee, excellent mod, then Fretsie, super excellent mod, one of the most reasonable people and maybe one of hceg's most beloved members, and now Rattae clitoro, chloroforumamorum, codoba impala, corinthian leather,  or however yiu say that crazy fukers, name.

These guys are all excellent people, really know their doo doo about guitars, snd they obviously care a great deal about the health and well being of this forum. All super excellent choixes, and most excellent people! I respect and love you guys. Thanks for the hard work!

• Members

I can't remember what year I joined but I remember laughing my arse off at the poncho/{censored}sauce thread. The pond one was good too and the original pwned/funny/fail thread on Amps was awesome.

When I came back a short while ago, I wondered where everyone had gone - now I know.
Rock Lobster, CSM, MHUK, Jay/GFS, JJ and the guy who inspired Ratae to come out with the immortal line in my sig - all gone.

I hope they all come back - I miss the bull{censored}. The forum does seem to run much better now though. And even some of my crappy posts get two pages of answers.

That's never happened before!

• Members

I joined a good few years back and then forgot I had. I was searching something and found a post by someone on here and thought I really agree with this guy, he even has the same guitars :) Duh.. Then the penny dropped.

Since then this last few months I have been posting more regularly and, while I don't know what went on before that, I really enjoy it and think right now I like the balance. It's fun, informative, not elitist and pretty much free from flame wars

So just giving it a ( cue drum roll )

:smiley-music024:

big thumbs up!

• Members

The thing I like best is the "good old days" when every word typed on HC was gold and the members were all awesome and larger than life. Oh how I miss snerkleframus.

They used to give out free BJs and the images were all comedic genius. Not to mention you could get a bottle of Coke for 5 cents and cars were easy to repair. ;)

I guess I'll just have to sit here and wait for someone else to do something awesome, complaining loudly until they do...

Archived