The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

bigfatmonkeyboy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The best of all the acoustic guitars I have owned was my Yamaha L-10 (second from the top in the serie at that time) hand made acoustic from 1982. I sold it at a time when I sold many things and always remembered that guitar and wished I had kept it. It was better than my Larriv

• Members

DSC05336.jpg

my sa-1000 super axe. You know, I tried to sell it, and it didnt sell(i priced it too "high"smile.gif ), so I got it back, and when I play it, damn if it aint nice. sweet indeed..

and no, NOW im NOT selling smile.gif

and a little stry...when i was younger, and broke smile.gif, i usd to go into this store that had used stuff and theoe was this old yamaha classic and i used to go and play it for an hour everytime i went in, and it was only $60 (i was REALLY broke!). of course, it went away, but i always remember it. sounded like heaven.

yep, i like yammie stuff. had a ton of the fg series from the 70/80's, maybe 10 or so

• Members

Hello friends of Yamaha and owners of the most under appreciated history of great and affordable guitars.

I will update with some picture when possible, but my Yamaha family consists of these:

Red Weddington Classic (kills any LP or PRS for the money)

Metallic Pearl White Pacifica 921(this guitar turns pink or green depending on how the light hits it.) Swiss Army Knife guitar.

Coffee Sunburst(brown on the edges) SSC500, very unique set of sounds. great neck

Green APX5 rescued from a pawnshop in Nashville Tn. Custom made saddle piece to fix intonation.

DG80 112 amp

DG Stomp

Magic Stomp for guitar

Magic Stomp for bass

Always looking for another to adopt. I also have a fondness for old Ibanez Custom Blazers.

I try to get some pics of the Weddington and the SSC500. They're outstanding pieces.

Peace

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatmonkeyboy

View Post

My newest yammy.....

IMG_0853.jpg

more pics in the NGD thread.

Hi, May I know what model is that and can I look at the full photo? Thanks

And does anyone where 1511 is made? Japan Yamaha or Korean made?

Thanks all

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OK, finally...

My first Yammy, and to this day, my "go to" guitar, my trusty Pacifica 821-R

Don't know what pickups it has on it, but I can get virtually any tone I want .

Interesting reverse headstock too.

Pacifica821-R.jpg

• Members

This is my sleeper guitar, another fleabay find for $86. This thing is my TONE MACHINE, I can get that swampy Daniel Lanois deep dark tone. The FR knock off bridge is a P.O.S., but it still works. It is built like a tank, and has nary a scratch on it. After owning it for 6 months, I discovered that it also has a push pull coil split on it too tongue.gif

SE700-03.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Musicscotty

View Post

I only have 2 yamaha's right now.

My acoustic is a CPX-900. Spruce top, flame maple back and sides and ebony neck.

My SG2000 was in a recent thread but here it is again.

Only two... but what a pair! love.giflove.gifthumb.gif

Archived