The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

bigfatmonkeyboy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Jkater View Post
A 12 string semi! Let us know how it is once you get it! thumb.gif
After poking around on Google, I suspect that it's actually a full-hollowbody, rather than a semi... Although it's a little hard to tell with those plastic (feedback-reducing?) baffles covering up the F-holes.

Does anyone else have any further info here? Were all the early SA series (e.g. SA-15. SA-30 etc) full-hollowbody guitars, or semis? If full, when did they make the transition to semi-hollowbodies?

On another note...

n00b question:

Are the pick-ups on the SA-20 likely to be single coils, or humbuckers? Mini-humbuckers, perhaps?

How do you tell?

(The attached ad blurb I found doesn't really give anything away, either about the full versus semi issue, or about the pick-ups)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by ThomasGynn View Post
SG2000 - Made a few years ago
BB1200 - She is true vintage. From the eighties I think.
i found one of those bbs a bit back for like $70. i had 2 gtrs already, but it was sweet. how does it play?

i got my 1980 sa-1000 335 last week and i cant put it down. damn lovely for a 335...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Just posted a pic on the 'f-holes' thread, so thought I would bump the Yamaholics one as well;

This one's an SAS-1500 - another semi-hollowbody, very pretty in Antique Violin Sunburst. It's on its way from Japan, apparently has a smaller body than the rest of Yammie's SA series line-up.

With an all-mahoghany-body and a maple/spruce centre block, I'm curious to see how the tone and sustain will differ from my larger-bodied maple SA500...

mypic7.jpg

mypic8.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by f3nr15 View Post
Just posted a pic on the 'f-holes' thread, so thought I would bump the Yamaholics one as well;

This one's an SAS-1500 - another semi-hollowbody, very pretty in Antique Violin Sunburst. It's on its way from Japan, apparently has a smaller body than the rest of Yammie's SA series line-up.

mypic7.jpg

mypic8.jpg
That's my DREAM semi-acoustic! love.gif But since I already have the SA2200, I can't justify that purchase to the family administrator (my wife). Zenbu has also one. Let us know how it is once you get it. thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by f3nr15 View Post
With an all-mahoghany-body and a maple/spruce centre block, I'm curious to see how the tone and sustain will differ from my larger-bodied maple SA500...

Maple = bright sounding

Mahogany= mellower, rounder sound

• Members

I have a Yamaha Silent Guitar and a AES 620HB. Both are really fine guitars!
Hey, they were good enough for Tommy Tedesco to play! thumb.gif
I believe that Yamaha is the most underrated guitar maker around. You really don't hear to much about them, but they are out there and being played!

Archived