The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

bigfatmonkeyboy

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Yarbicus View Post
Hey, you guys like Yamaha amps, too? Frankly, they haven't made many great ones, but here is one:

dg60.jpg

Great sounding amp with very analog sounding effects. The echo is particularly nice.

Daddy's Junky Music actually has a couple of them for under $150.00.

http://www.daddys.com/used/?itemnumber=YAM0135
Is that the same Yamaha amp that is used by Alan Holdsworth?I remember Guitar Player Magazine giving a very nice review of the DG-60 when it first came out a few years ago,as well.At only $149.99,that looks to be a sweet deal.

Ed

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by ArKay View Post
What's the word on the Studio Lord models? I can't find them in the Yamaha catalogs at Vintaxe.

Found what appears to be a SL-700 Custom model (even though the Truss Rod Cover only says SL-700). It's double bound and appears to have a 3-piece top and an ebony fingerboard.

Any info? There's some damage around the nut since a brass one has been fitted so I'm not sure. Should be from 1980.

2c44_3.JPG

2ef4_3.JPG

3284_3.JPG

I saw that one as well, and if it wasn't for the nut damage I would have pulled the trigger days ago. It would have matched up well with my SG2000 - same colour, ebony board etc.

A few Studio Lord's and Lord Player's pop up on ebay from time to time. I'm thinking of buying one - in decent condition - just to see what they're all about.

On a different note, I take it the Yammy heads have seen the SG2000 currently on sale on ebay UK?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Musicscotty View Post
I saw that one as well, and if it wasn't for the nut damage I would have pulled the trigger days ago. It would have matched up well with my SG2000 - same colour, ebony board etc.

A few Studio Lord's and Lord Player's pop up on ebay from time to time. I'm thinking of buying one - in decent condition - just to see what they're all about.

On a different note, I take it the Yammy heads have seen the SG2000 currently on sale on ebay UK?
My interest is also piqued. I keep seeing different models though and I don't know the differences between 500/600/700/800. The higher the number the better the guitar--most likely--but what are the differences? Also there are 700, 700S and 700C.

Regarding the nut, the seller wrote that it's "nothing". Well, it's a pretty big issue for me and a real shame.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Musicscotty View Post

don`t worry...all the Yamaha nuts watch Yahoo Japan daily, so you`se will have plenty of competiton on the high end and older models...myself included...and I`ve yet to be outbid on a guitar I set my heart on owning.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zenbu

View Post

don`t worry...all the Yamaha nuts watch Yahoo Japan daily, so you`se will have plenty of competiton on the high end and older models...meself included...and I`ve yet to be outbid on a guitar I set my heart on owning.

Me, too evil.gifpoke.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by greg curtis View Post
Being the owner of a couple of Yamaha acoustics and knowing of their great build quality and sound I need some advice. I'd like to get an electric and have been thinking of the SA2200 Yamaha. Anything bad about it I should know before pulling the trigger on one. Just picked up a Fender Super Champ XD amp for bedroom playing only. Love the finish on the 2200 but don't really know enough about them to decide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I often hear that the top Yamahas are difficult to see in person in the US. It would be best for you to try it and see if you like the neck, feel, sound, weight, etc. For sure it's a luxurious semi-acoustic with every refinements you can imagine, including long tenon, flame maple INSIDE the body, premium grade tone wood, real MOP, etc. Some have commented that it's even a little too nice and they prefer the simpler appointments of a 335. (Sa2200 is a 355 style).

I could tell you what I think of my SA2200 but I've been doing that now for four years on this board and I'm afraid it will start boring everyone to hear it again...

• Members

i had a frank gambale....gorgeous guitar....really, really groundbreaking. i wound up having to sell it because it was just too much money in guitar sitting there that i didn't use and i absolutely had to buy a new computer. hocked it on ebay for 1500....fair price for all involved. (my buddy bought one for 2300.)

it really WAS an incredibly precise instrument. more so than any other i have EVER owned/played. sick

• Members

A Yamaha question few if any can answer: The Warmoth neck on my PAC904, who did the final (impeccable) fretwork? Yamaha in Japan or Warmoth? I'm almost guessing Yamaha.

In the Warmoth thread, they all mentioned that the frets are installed but not dressed completely by Warmoth.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zenbu

View Post

I asked what it meant.

Well, obviously that I don't get outbid either when I set my heart on something wink.gif It rarely ever happens though since I know that there's plenty of nearly everything out there and that there will most likely be another.

Archived