The OFFICIAL Yamaholics thread.

bigfatmonkeyboy

• Members

Am I really the first one of these?

2787813051_b9e30e2eef.jpg

2007 RGX520FZ in Transparent Black

I really like this guitar but I need to sell it. The Mockingbird is my dream guitar and now, with the GFS Dream 180s, it sounds amazing. The Mock and RGX are both mahogony body with hummies so they sound too similar. If I keep the RGX I will probably swap out at least the next pup with a GFS Dream 90.

I have also owned a RGX620Z and TRBII-5. Loved them all!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero

View Post

I just purchased this Pacifica via Craigslist. I believe that it's a 412V, can anyone confirm?

Pac1.jpg

I'm sure if the little transparent sticker at the back of the peghead was still there, you would have seen it. That's where the Pacifica models are usually identified.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Jkater

View Post

I'm sure if the little transparent sticker at the back of the peghead was still there, you would have seen it. That's where the Pacifica models are usually identified.

Ah, let me clarify-- I have bought it based off the photos. I know that it's not a 112J, 112V, or 012, so it's definitely worth what I paid for it. This guitar is in like new condition-- the previous owner bought it new to learn how to play, and has played it exactly 3 times. It comes with a very heavy duty gig bag, and I paid $200 shipped. I think I got a pretty sweet deal. smile.gif

• Members

View Post

Ah, let me clarify-- I have bought it based off the photos. I know that it's not a 112J, 112V, or 012, so it's definitely worth what I paid for it. This guitar is in like new condition-- the previous owner bought it new to learn how to play, and has played it exactly 3 times. It comes with a very heavy duty gig bag, and I paid $200 shipped. I think I got a pretty sweet deal. smile.gif

The seller did not mention which model it is?

View Post

Pac1.jpg

You are right, it is not a lower end Pacifica: the pickguard is half size (tone and volume outside of it) and that's what higher Pacificas have. I can't see from the photo if the veneer top is figured or not (412 is alder, no maple veneer). The current 412 does not have red as a color, 812 does. eek.gif

In any case, you got a nice deal. thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

I just purchased this Pacifica via Craigslist. I believe that it's a 412V, can anyone confirm?

Pac1.jpg

Yeah,hard to tell without a closer look.It does look like it might be the orange stain finish,meaning that it could very well be a 612v.Btw,my orange 612v finally arrived in mint shape.Even the plastic was still on the pickguard and back panels.Other than needing a slight setup tweak and a new set of strings,it's all good to rock n' roll.

Btw,anyone know how to "read" Pacifica serial numbers?Mine reads QKL 1070R,and it's made in Korea.I'm just curious to about the year it was built.

Ed

• Members

Being the owner of a couple of Yamaha acoustics and knowing of their great build quality and sound I need some advice. I'd like to get an electric and have been thinking of the SA2200 Yamaha. Anything bad about it I should know before pulling the trigger on one. Just picked up a Fender Super Champ XD amp for bedroom playing only. Love the finish on the 2200 but don't really know enough about them to decide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Members

What's the word on the Studio Lord models? I can't find them in the Yamaha catalogs at Vintaxe.

Found what appears to be a SL-700 Custom model (even though the Truss Rod Cover only says SL-700). It's double bound and appears to have a 3-piece top and an ebony fingerboard.

Any info? There's some damage around the nut since a brass one has been fitted so I'm not sure. Should be from 1980.

2c44_3.JPG

2ef4_3.JPG

3284_3.JPG

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ArKay

View Post

What's the word on the Studio Lord models? I can't find them in the Yamaha catalogs at Vintaxe.

Found what appears to be a SL-700 Custom model (even though the Truss Rod Cover only says SL-700). It's double bound and appears to have a 3-piece top and an ebony fingerboard.

Any info? There's some damage around the nut since a brass one has been fitted so I'm not sure. Should be from 1980.

2c44_3.JPG

2ef4_3.JPG

3284_3.JPG

I've always been interested in these.....but never ran into one up close

That one is probably the nicest one I've seen!

Don't think I've seen the Custom before..

Depending on price I'd be all over it!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by wader2k

View Post

I've always been interested in these.....but never ran into one up close

That one is probably the nicest one I've seen!

Don't think I've seen the Custom before..

Depending on price I'd be all over it!

Looks very nice for a cherryburst, not too clowny. He's asking 395GBP for it... I should control myself smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by greg curtis

View Post

Being the owner of a couple of Yamaha acoustics and knowing of their great build quality and sound I need some advice. I'd like to get an electric and have been thinking of the SA2200 Yamaha. Anything bad about it I should know before pulling the trigger on one. Just picked up a Fender Super Champ XD amp for bedroom playing only. Love the finish on the 2200 but don't really know enough about them to decide. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have not actually played a SA2200 but everything I have ever heard or read is positive. It is supposed to be the best of Yamaha's semi acoustics. Sorry I can't be more help.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mudder1310

View Post

I have an sl800s and it's a killer guitar. The finish work on the studio lords is excellent, they're hefty but hang well, the necks are moderately thick, stock pickups are solid, absolutely great guitars.

Thanks! smile.gif Well, there's also one on Yahoo! Japan and for once that seller also ships internationally so I'm waiting for a shipping quote. Seems to be in better shape than the one I posted as well, no broken headstock binding.

Archived